part 17.

Tejasswi changed in her night clothes and that's when she realised, she left Karan alone in the bathroom, sleeping in a state which would be enough to give him a heart attack the next morning.

She took another towel before reaching towards him and she felt guilt pooling inside her again. She was being so selfish to leave him alone like this.

She wished to never agree for the plan that required him to drink alcohol. She has never seen him being so dependent on someone; he always tried to fulfil all the expectations before it's time. He never made an excuse and always works hard.

And what she made him do tonight?

Drinks and drugs. She practically harassed him.

Had the roles reversed, only she knew that she could kill the other person. But now it was her. How can she ever be same to the guy who has been nothing but so good to her?

Blinking away her tears, she helped him till the bed and wrapped the towel around his torso before laying him down.

"I'm so sorry, Karan. I didn't do it fair. But I promise you, from here on, i'll try to not cross my limits and do something that will benefit you.

But let's forget what happened tonight, or I won't be able to take my revenge. You will not remember it, and I will try to forget it. Good night." She muttered near him and looked at his face for fair time.

She opened the quilt, covering him and adjusted the temperature before leaving.

She tried sleeping but it seemed a great task to do. Everytime she tried closing her eyes, the previous moments would flash and make her want to apologize to Karan right there.

___

Karan woke up feeling with a heavy head and burning eyes. For a minute, he was blank. Then slowly he collected the memories of last night.

He was drinking the famous drinks that the men in the show were offering him.  Then the ladies took tejasswi somewhere and the men engaged him about the life of Mumbai. He remembered himself getting tipsy. Was there alcohol in his drink?

"Ahh.. " Karan groaned in pain as he tried to up.

He looked at the coffee table beside his bed and found it disoriented. Then, he was naked under the sheets.

Color faded from his already pale face.

Did he do something he shouldn't?

Where's tejasswi? Did he tried to--

Oh no, no, no. That must not have happened.

He freaked out. The thought of him doing things that'd cross the line between him and tejasswi, was freaking him out.

He found the unwrapped towel beneath him, and he wrapped it around him before taking a quick shower and looking out for tejasswi.

She was no where to be seen. So he went to the only place he expected her to go. The balcony.

And there she was. Sitting on the couch and lost in the thoughts.

"Tejasswi? " His voice came out meeker than he supposed it to be.

She turned to him and passed a smile that he could tell, was not genuine.

"Hi, Good morning, Karan. " He replied to the greeting.

Tejasswi stood up awkwardly and there was some uneasy air that passed between them.

"I see, you're already ready to go back to Mumbai. " She decided to end the uneasiness and do what she decided the whole night. "It's your brother's birthday after all. "