part 6

"In the upcoming birthday of Aviral, he'll turn 25. We will be holding a grand celeberation here, and i will announce him as the new CEO." Vimesh told over the breakfast and karan smiled at his brother, giving him congratulations.

Gayatri caressed his hairs, blessing him and then turned to her husband.
"And Karan?" She expected her younger son to be acknowledged and get a better position in their company.

"He needs to buckle up for the promotion and get independent." Vimesh replied with his blank voice and gayatri looked a little worried as she looked at karan.

Karan shook his head when he found his mom ready to say something to his father. Gayatri looked at him with a defeated gaze before going to kitchen. There, she took long breadths to control herself as today again, her husband differentiated between their two sons.

__

"Mom, stop getting upset and enjoy. Your son is going to be the CEO." Karan told Gayatri as the two sat in privacy in the terrace. The place which her mother loved the most in their house, because from here she could look at her beautiful garden and see the cars passing.

"Yes, i should celeberate for one son that he's going to be a CEO, while my younger son will just work in that company like a normal enployee." She mocked him, looking at the other side.

"Mom, how does it matter who works where? I still help my dad, right?"

"Karan, you don't help. He orders you and you follow it. There's a vast difference between helping and following orders." She replied him back.

"Following orderd of your dad and brother, is not bad mom." He answered her softly and hugged her. "For now, lets just celeberate bhai's success. Okay?" She nodded, hugging him back.

She wandered why Karan didn't behaved like any brother in their generation would. She didn't knew if its a matter of happiness or concern. But if her husband continues to push Karan down, Karan can never up himself, because he won't even try. And that's definately an issue.

When they felt sleepy, they moved to their respective rooms and as soon as Gayatri turned to her room, a hand gripped Karan's shoulder and he looked back with a smile.

"Yes bhai?" He asked Aviral who just looked at him sympathically and took him in a hug. Karan's eyes glistened as it was the first brother-hug that they had. "Congrats bhai. I am so happy for you."

Aviral broke the hug and looked at him. "But i am not."

"I'm not happy that my brother will still be a normal employee." He added further. Karan started to shake his head but Aviral spoke again, before the former could.
"No, Karan. I can't tolerate others treating me like a CEO and you as those normal staff."

"Bhai, there is nothing bad."

"Karan, there is a very important meeting day after tomorrow, in Kashmir. I am sending you for it." Aviral told and karan looked at him.
"Yes. And know, if its done successfully, dad will be happy."

"But bro, i don'--"

"I know its too early to go through the files but i know you can. If you could prepare that file in just mere hours, this must be a piece of cake." Aviral patted his back, before going to his room. With a smirk.

"Mom says it true. Today's lies are tomorrow's pain." Karan muttered turning to his room but changed his direction to Tejasswi's room.

"No, she must be sleeping." Karan shool his before going to his room at the last.

Tejasswi looked at his retreating back and then entered her room with a refilled jug, shrugging.

__

The first thing Karan did im the morning was, he went to tejasswi's room with a rose. He took a deep breath before knocking on her doors.