part 30

In the early hours of the day, tejasswi got her consciousness and opened her eyes to find herself attached from IV wires. She looks on her right side of the room and found Karan sleeping on the sofa.

Slowly the events of yesterday followed, and she clenched her fists grabbing the sheet.

'How can I always hate you more than I ever did? Why are you so eager to provide me, Aviral. I was going slow, trying to take everyone with myself and not hurt them too much. But now, my heart bleeds with the urge to punish you.

I promise you, Aviral, you will get such a deserving end to yourself that you will regret everything. ' she promised herself.

Tejasswi tried to detach herself with IV drips and the monitor started beeping, making her take her hands back.

Karan woke up hearing the alarm beeping and found tejasswi sitting and looking at the monitor as she tried to close it.

"How are you now? " Karan asked while closing the alarm for her and sat near her. His eyes gazing periodically at her bandages.

"I'm good but my head feels heavy. "

Karan took her in a hug and she slowly wrapped her hands around him, keeping her head in his chest. His hugs have always been soothing for her. It was ironic how desperately she longed for his presence and his warmth.

Karan kissed her head, pulling her more to himself carefully and checked the wound near the back of her neck. The redness near the wound, was fading.

"I'm so sorry for yesterday, teja. He said he loved you and will never accept you as my wife, and will leave everything here. I could not let him go away when he started being soft with me, teja. So we agreed upon a private talk between you and him, in his villa.

I didn't knew his evil intentions. I never in my dreams, expected this to happen. But now, I promise you to be careful in his matter. "

Karan apologized, burying his head in the crook of her neck, to avoid facing her.

But tejasswi pulled back from Karan and cupped his face. "He said he loves me, so you thought to give him a chance to try his luck with me. You knew I love you, we confessed each other. After all what happened between us, you were ready to let your brother woo me?

Was this all you meant by love? Or was the love for your brother, was more than the love we had? "

Tejasswi knew she was in no position to question his love when she had never been honest to him, herself. But she wanted to know why Karan would let his brother confess to someone he himself loves.

"I.. I, teja.. " Karan could not answer her in his defense. He felt so guilty at the moment, that all he wanted was tejasswi to slap him tight and fight him for not fighting for her.

"Please tell me what was in your mind, when you agreed to him. Please Karan. Share it. " Tejasswi pleaded.

"I.. Don't know. He and I, had always been together. He was my brother, we shared meals and the scoldings. The thought of him going away and leaving his dream to be the biggest businessman, was not settling good. " Karan told her.

"So put me on stake. "

Karan shook his head to deny her claim. "I was confident about our love. But I wanted to give him a chance to tell you what he feels. We decided, whatever be your decision, we'll go with it. I was confident that you will choose me but he deserved a chance. "

Karan explained and before tejasswi could say anything, he continued. "I didn't knew that it was just list from his side. I didn't know that he will stoop this low. But now, I will not leave him. "