part 21.

"Tejasswi? " Karan knocked in her room, breaking her reverie.

"Ye.. yes. " Tejasswi wiped her face and corrected her appearance, before opening the door.

Karan looked at her condition and thought maybe she is missing her home. She must be upset.

"I came to ask if you want to join me for a walk? " Karan lied. He was here to show the albums he made with their photos. But he hid that album behind himself and smiled widely at her.

Maybe a walk can help her to get the grip. She cannot fall weak. She will not.

"Yeah. Give me a minute. " She excused and Karan waited for her, outside the room.

Tejasswi quickly combed her hairs and washed her face thoroughly before joining him.

"A night walk is relaxing, isn't it? " Karan started the conversation as they walked in the footpath. Tejasswi simply nodded her head.

"Tejasswi, you can share it, you know. I will be there for you. " Karan told her when he took enough of her gloomy face. He wanted her to go back to her talkative self.

"I.. Don't have anything to share. " She denied and walked a little quicker. But Karan kept his pace with hers. "You tell me, why do you trust your father and your brother so much? " She tried diverting the topic.

Karan knew she was not gonna share her emotions. And he let her escape it this time.

"Everyone trust their family. So do I. "

"But you trust them blindly. "

"Trust is meant to be blind. If I start digging up in everything my family does, would that be called trust? " He put her in deep thoughts.

Was that the reason why dad was so upset with me when I told him how I knew about mishti and Aviral? And the pregnancy? Because he trusted me with mishti?

"Tejasswi there is no reason why I believe them so much, or why do I wish to make them proud. It is what every child thinks. "

Tejasswi simply hummed at him, not in the mood of having the conversation. She was feeling low.

How often we think that maybe a walk, some fresh air and a good company can refresh our mood, don't we? But what about the times when you realise that you had everything, all the happiness and love. But now, you are with nothing. You are left alone in a path where you yourself do not know, where it leads. Does that walk helps?

Such was the situation of Tejasswi. She could not get the hold of her emotions. One side, she just wanted to end everyone of Kundrra family who snatched everything from her. And on the other side, every passing moment that makes her happy, puts her in guilt.

Oblivion to the reason of her depressed state, Karan wanted to erase the knitted lines on her forehead and make her happy. He noticed a young boy selling fresh roses, gajras and other flowers outside a small cafe. He recollected how they met for the first time. And the second.

He dragged Tejasswi till a bench near the main Street, from where the fast-moving world was clearly outshining in the fancy street lights.

"Wait for me. " He gave a confident smile and escaped to the cafe. "A quick espresso, please. "

"Anything else, sir? " The waiter asked and Karan was about to deny as he doesn't prefer caffeine. Before a thought came to his mind.

"Uhm... Any Light caffeine beverage. " He replied and the waiter wrote his order.

Karan left the place, paying the bill and went to the young boy, looking at the fresh flowers.

"Fresh flowers are enough to make someone's day. " Karan remembered his mom's saying when he was just seven and wanted to give something to his favorite teacher.