prologue

━━☽⋆° ✧⋆°━━

┏━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━┓
prologue;
fate is due
its course.
┗━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━┛

❝ time has a way of disrupting the origins of many. it forces the world to become something that it was never meant to be.  ❞

━━ ☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°。☾☼ ━━

━━☽⋆° ✧⋆°━━

Sometimes life doesn't exactly go the way you want; whether that's spilling your drink on your clothes unexpectedly, or you can't find the exact outfit you want to wear for a specific occasion. Fate suddenly seems against you, finding anything to throw at you just to cause some type of inconvenience, minor and major.

It's funny, how sometimes things just all lead up to that one moment where you realise, maybe, just maybe, this is just what fate had decided all along and you could do nothing to stop it.

In Y/N's case, it started with waking up late, already around twenty minutes late for their lecture. Their alarm somehow turned itself off; but Y/N was too much in a rush to not realise how absurd it was, but also because it was a common occurrence for the human.

It got worse when Y/N couldn't even make something to eat - not even a piece of toast, as the toaster didn't want to work. Y/N just chugged a glass of water and ran out of their house with their bag that had a stag design on it. Y/N had also managed to stick on a small background from their favourite game, Genshin Impact's Liyue, so it looked like the stag was one of the adepti beasts from the game itself. They were quite proud of a purchase and how cool it looked.

The university student only just realised how weird the day had played out, as all throughout the day, things just never seemed to go the way Y/N wanted them to.

Y/N had realised that fate just didn't seem to want them to live.

Everything that happened that morning, was a warning.

That was the last thing the h/c haired thought as their body rolled across the floor like a rag-doll being thrown. Shouts and yells were being heard as if they were underwater. Eyes trying to stay open with blurred eyesight, black dots covering their vision.

Just as they closed their eyes, in the pitch black darkness, they saw a golden-like flash coming straight for them.

That was the least fate could do for them - send them to heaven or something, right?

Y/N fell unconscious, feeling a stoney feeling heavy on them, yet parts of it were cold like ice, parts that felt like fire, a soothing feeling of water, crackles of lightning could be heard, a soft breeze that helped them relax, and the feeling of grass tickling their hands which they didn't want to question and a bright silvery light that shined on them like the moon and stars, but above all, they felt at peace in their last few moments.

It felt like hours went by when Y/N's eyes snapped open, the wind that was once gentle now felt like daggers piercing their body.

And the feeling of free falling.

Along with the warm feeling that protected them from the harsh wind that wouldn't undoubtably been freezing from this height. A golden-like glow surrounded their body, with hues of argents and midnight blues. Y/N craned their neck around, blinking away the haze, the weight of the fact they were free falling to their most certain death... again, not quite catching up in their brain. Looking up, the hues of silvers and navy trailed behind the golden glow around them.

Blinking once more, they turned their gaze downwards - purposefully not looking at the ground that was becoming increasingly closer and closer. Focusing on the fact their body seemed smaller than the one they were used to, smaller hands, legs, arms...

It was like they were a young kid again.

Y/N tried to let out a sigh, realising their throat felt very dehydrated, and all that came out was a croak.

'Fucking damn it all.'

The h/c haired closed their eyes, feeling their body hit the ground, yet there was no pain. Like the golden glow took the impact for them, as the glow slowly receded into their body.

━━☽⋆° ✧⋆°━━