chapter seven

━━☽⋆° ✧⋆°━━

┏━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━┓
chapter seven;
the war for the
seat of the seven.
┗━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━┛

❝with you by my side, though our mouths stay silent, my heart is at peace

❝with you by my side, though our mouths stay silent, my heart is at peace.❞

━━☽⋆° ✧⋆°━━

When the Archon War started, Y/N promised to themselves that the one thing out of the war that they would do, was save Guizhong.

Within the thousand years that lead up to the start of the war, Y/N relentlessly trained, enough so that it was worried Rex, Guizhong and the Adepti, yet all the answer they got from Y/N was; "I need to train to become stronger."

Xiao noticed and tried to distract them, bringing them along with the other Yaksha's for random days off when nothing was happening. Guizhong brought them food and drink whenever it was a rough day and Y/N never left the training arena the whole day.

Rex was adamant on being with them for their training, rather than standing by and letting them waste away, he decided to actively help them improve. He conspired with Guizhong, letting her know when it was the best time to bring food, knowing Y/N would actually eat, and helped them train.

At first, with the new polearm, Y/N was a bit wonky and out of practice, but with time, patience and practice, Y/N was soon even stronger than before. They don't know when Guizhong died, nor how she died, which makes it even worse. The only time frame that made sense was that she died in the middle of the War and that she died in a field of flowers.

And unsurprisingly, the Archon War itself was much worse than what was told during the canon storyline. From the first day when Celestia had come and announced the seven Archon seats were open for taking, the world was thrown into chaos. Yeah, Y/N would hate Celestia no matter the situation. Even if they'd never met them.

The world turned into a barren wasteland full of blood, corpses and death. Gods battling each other for the Archon seats, not caring whether they were killing innocents, only wanting the power that would be given to them by Celestia. It was funny to Y/N, who knew that the title of 'Archon' never actually gave any power, it was just an ID of sorts given to those who end up ruling over the region. The Archon War was a battle of pure, raw power, meant to wipe away the weak so Celestia wouldn't be overtaken by the sheer number of Gods.

Thankfully, due to their Adeptus blood, Y/N could go without sleep or food for days at a time. It was a brutal fight every single second of the day, and they had no time to stop and even think of where Guizhong was hiding, who still was not one for fighting. The frontline consisted of Rex and Y/N, side by side, with the five Yaksha's as their generals, and the other Adepti; which now included the half-qilin Ganyu (who Y/N definitely spent time getting to know, because it was Ganyu, who wouldn't want to know her?) since they never exactly spent time with her parents before they fell in battle. They were only able to meet Ganyu thanks to Cloud Retainer.