chapter four

━━ ☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°━━

┏━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━┓
chapter four;
golden eyes
and
a bad decision.
┗━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━━┛

❝ my memory has all but faded completely

❝ my memory has all but faded completely... but i will always remember how much they too, loved these flowers. ❞

[tw for syringes/blood.]

━━ ☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°━━

Y/N sighed, crossing their arms as they watched the lady frantically run about in her office. Long ashy, light-blonde hair that was tied in a plait flying everywhere as she gathered the necessary papers. Gold eyes narrowing in thought as she stood in the middle of the office, hands full of papers.

Walking forward, Y/N plucked the papers from the woman's hands, making her smile and nod in appreciation. "Thank you, Y/N."

The h/c haired hummed, "No problem, Ms. Rhinedottir."

Putting her hands on her hips, Rhinedottir looked around her office; it was a small one, as she doesn't use it as much as her laboratory. A desk, a chair neatly tucked into it, some bookshelves that were full of alchemy books, full of ones she had written herself, and ones she hadn't.

"Alright, I think that's everything. Let's go to my lab."

Y/N hummed and followed the scientist out of her office, and down the dark hallway, all that was heard were the taps of shoes on the stone ground. Even though they had walked down this hallway a thousand times by now, it still slightly spooked them.

It had been a couple of years of working for Rhinedottir by now, and Y/N was getting anxious. The things they'd seen by just a glimpse of Rhinedottir's work was enough to bring chills down their spine.

The growls and huffs of mechanical wolves filled the air as the two walked down a stone staircase.

Y/N had seen the creation of riftwolves, had seen Rhinedottir tamper with the Ruin Guards, with Ruin Hunters, and anything of the sort. Rhinedottir wasn't the one who created them, but she had taken some and... experimented with them. The wolves had already been from the abyss.

They didn't know how long they could hold out for until Rhinedottir found out about them. Not just about their mission; the reason they were actually here. No, Y/N was far more concerned about Rhinedottir learning about their origins.

The tattoo on their head was easily discernable, but with it going into their hair, it was far more concealable than a normal tattoo. The only thing shown was the part on their forehead, and considering Khaenri'ah was full of... individuals, it wasn't unusual, which made things easier for them.