chapter two

━━☽⋆° ✧⋆°━━

┏━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━┓
chapter two;
shopping
and
a future knight.
┗━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━┛

❝ what does freedom really mean, when demanded of you by a god? ❞

━━☽⋆° ✧⋆°━━

Y/N woke up to the sound of a gentle three knocks on their door. Being a light sleeper was something that they had been accustomed to during their time with Rex and Guizhong, having to be on guard almost every minute in case someone tried to attack them... They guessed they still needed to be on guard but for a completely different reason.

"Are you awake?" They heard Pierro from the otherside.

"Yes," They replied, forcing themself to get out of the comfy and warm bed.

The h/c haired heard Pierro hum through the door, his deep voice easy to catch. "I will begin making breakfast, please meet me at the table when you are ready."

Hearing his steps walk away before they could respond, Y/N sighed and rubbed their eyes with the back of their hand.

Completely alone after dying in the arms of Rex. Not being able to protect Guizhong... 

Forcing their head upwards to blink away the tears, Y/N felt a heavy feeling settle on their heart, and nothing they thought of could elevate the weight. It felt like their shoulders were being pushed down, with not enough strength to push against the force.

Exhaling through their nose, the e/c eyed got up and stumbled around to get ready and dressed in a spare t-shirt and trousers lying around. Rather big on them (as they assumed it was Pierro's old clothes), but they made it fit by rolling both the sleeves of the t-shirt and bottoms of the trousers up.

Walking into the kitchen, Pierro was placing a plate of buttered toast in front of the seat opposite of it.

"Ah," Pierro looked to them, nodding towards the seat. "Sit."

Y/N sat down immediately. (Whether that was out of being scared, or the fact he was a rather good-looking individual, they'd never say.)

Picking up the toast, the h/c haired nibbled on it silently, glad to have something they remembered back from their old world.

"I forgot to mention last night," Pierro spoke up as he ate his own breakfast, "My name is Pierro. What is your name, young one?"

Y/N swallowed the piece of toast that had gotten stuck in their throat after he had started talking - still not used to his deep, raspy voice - and spoke quietly, "Y/N."