chapter three

━━ ☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°━━

┏━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━┓
chapter three;
warnings
and
a tattoo.
┗━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━━┛

❝ defeat me, command me to step aside

❝ defeat me, command me to step aside. show me that you are worthier than i to rescue them. then the threads of all fate will be yours to reweave. ❞

[tw for syringes/blood.]

━━ ☼☽⋆。°✧ ✧⋆°━━

After that day, Y/N went back to the bakery every day just to see small Dainsleif, and eventually, after hours of boosting their self-confidence and inner-monologues of 'I can do this. It's just Dainsleif,' then ending up just buying a drink and something to eat, just to sit and stare at him.

Eventually, they became friends after Dainsleif walked over to them and sat opposite with a drink of his own. Lips wrapped around the straw as he stared at them in childish curiosity.

The friendship continued to thrive through four whole years.

Both were young teenagers now, coming up to fifteen. Y/N looked somewhat older, but Dainsleif still had that cute face of his, to which they were grateful. They liked to just stare at him.

Having now been friends for four years, Y/N had already had the talk of Dainsleif wanting to become a knight. It was... a conversation, Y/N surmised. They were very supportive - of course they were - but just knowing what will happen to every single of his future friends and people he trained with and will become knights with.

Halfdan.

It wasn't exactly a fun thought, but the h/c haired knew that they couldn't change the fate of Teyvat so drastically that the cataclysm wouldn't happen. The most they could do was help people leave Khaenri'ah, protect that massive fuck-ass door under Sumeru, and help the people that eventually get trapped there have enough food and water, being able to survive at least a bit longer.

But moving on; due to Dainsleif's insistence of becoming a knight, he trained. As in, fighting.

Y/N was sick of fighting! They wanted to rest! They had a whole few thousands of years fighting!

...They still helped him though. 

(It was Dainsleif, they couldn't say no. That's just plain rude. Especially to those puppy eyes.)

Because they had retained their memories of their... past life, it was easy to let muscle memory take over and let their body to the work. The hard part was helping Dainsleif train. They weren't much of a good teacher.

Not to mention that because they had also somehow kept their adepti abilities (as in their strenth, stamina, endurance was that of a superhuman), so they were practically the best fighting partner for him to help him practice.