chapter two

━━☽⋆° ✧⋆°━━

┏━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━┓
chapter two;
the dust, the earth and
the moon.
┗━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━┛

❝ as the wind continues to blow, so too shall i continue to fight

❝ as the wind continues to blow, so too shall i continue to fight. ❞

━━☽⋆° ✧⋆°━━

Days continued to pass by. The repetition of Y/N's schedule never bored them. They always found ways to make each day slightly different, but still stay on track. It was slightly different now that they had finished repairing the house, which they replaced with building some necessary things like wooden utensils that they could use to eat with, instead of their hands.

Moreover, after Y/N had learned that specific six-attack rotation, they started learning more moves. Sometimes even mixing attacks up in case they had to change their fighting style. They had even started making sure to incorporate some type of flexibility training, knowing flexibility would help a lot with a weapon like a polearm.

Aside from that, the fact that they were actually in Genshin Impact was starting to hit the h/c haired. One night, they couldn't fall asleep, no matter how tired they were (obviously the day after, they allowed themselves a full day break, they deserved it) and it hit them. Occasionally, the earth would rumble like it had the first day, and Y/N knew it was Rex Lapis taking down enemies.

The weird thing was, Y/N wasn't even scared. Excited? Yes. Nervous? Also yes, but scared? No. The thought of meeting him gave them a sort of warmth, which was rather peculiar. They summed it up to the fact that if they met Rex Lapis, Guizhong was not too far behind. Y/N was extremely excited to meet her, considering the fact that the only thing Genshin fans had gotten was the cutscene during third year's Lantern Rite and small tidbits of information.

Along with knowing that meeting those two was inevitable, Y/N realised that since visions weren't technically around - due to there being no Archons yet - that they might not have powers, or well, an elemental ability. When they were simmering on the thought, Y/N felt something weighing on their body, like something was trapped beneath their skin.

They didn't ponder on it too much; being in this world, being alone, made them realise that they can't waste time on something that's not ready. Patience was key, and hopefully fate is kind to you... Not that fate was ever kind to Y/N in their past life.

The e/c eyed adult did appreciate the fact that they had been given a second chance of sorts in their favourite world. They wouldn't change it, but... Whilst there were days the h/c haired was slightly happy, there were days where all they could do is lay in their wooden makeshift bed, their blanket which still had holes in over them as they stared at a wall, zoned out. Tears continuously falling from their e/c eyes, dark eye-bags decorating under their eyes.