chapter six

━━☽⋆° ✧⋆°━━

┏━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━┓
chapter six;
a life with friendships.
┗━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━┛

❝if you lie on the grass, you can feel the heartbeat of the world

❝if you lie on the grass, you can feel the heartbeat of the world.❞

━━☽⋆° ✧⋆°━━

Y/N tuned out the argument going on, a light smile on their face as their e/c eyes trailed over the words in the book they were reading. The sun was glowing brightly around them, a soft breeze in the air.

It was a rather beautiful day, and one that Y/N needed. It had been many very hectic years. With the addition of Xiao's long-winded (pun intended) new journey. It had taken him a long time to get used to the fact that well... he wasn't being controlled anymore. That he had free will. He could do things he wanted. He still had trouble trying to adapt, not having to kill people. Times where he'd go too far, but Y/N and Rex helped to bring him back.

There were times you couldn't even rip him away from being either Y/N's or Rex's bodyguard. He would stay by their side for an unspecified amount of time, thinking that's what he was 'made' to do.

Y/N always used that time to show Xiao the wonders of the world - to see the brighter side of things because they knew that in the end, what will happen in the future is something they can't stop. They were just one person. Celestia is a god. The Unknown God, at that.

They didn't have the power to go against the written fate of everyone in this universe.

Heaven and Earth; Celestia and Teyvat be scorned. They'd be damned if they didn't try to at least bring happy memories to the ones who once brought happy memories to them (and still do).

They had... wished for this.

Xiao deserved the happy memories.

Y/N turned a page in their book; the arguing still going on, but it had slowly turned into mere light banter at this point.

With a small sigh, Y/N couldn't help the smile on their face from widening.

The thought of Xiao - it reminded them of the first few years of him adapting to his new life. It was such a small memory, that wouldn't have had such significance if it didn't break Y/N's heart every time.

"You need to realise that you can do things on your own, Xiao." Y/N muttered into his dark aqua strands, their arms held around his shoulders, his head in their shoulder. "You're not some... monster. You're your own person, no one can will take that away from you anymore."