chapter one

━━☽⋆° ✧⋆°━━

┏━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━┓
chapter one;
khaenri'ah
and
a mage.
┗━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━┛

❝ going out into the world and investigating, turning the 'unknown' into the 'know'

❝ going out into the world and investigating, turning the 'unknown' into the 'know'. ❞

━━☽⋆° ✧⋆°━━

Shivering in the freezing, biting cold air, Y/N sat under a blanket, trying to keep warm.

Not the best way to start another life they thought was ended again. That had started from them fucking dying.

Again.

What was this reincarnation bullshit that they were being put through?!

"I'm going to kill whoever is doing this to me..."

Another shiver ran down their spine, goosebumps trailing all over their arm.

There wasn't much known about Khaenri'ah when Y/N had been transported here; the story had only just finished Fontaine's story arc when they died.

All that they could remember was that it was land with no Gods, and it was where Kaeya ancestors were born, along with Albedo's birthplace. Dainsleif's regret and Gold's (or Rhinedottir's) biggest accomplishment.

And that eventually, would lead it to Khaenri'ah's downfall; the Cataclysm. The reason for the traveller's journey around the seven nations.

And they were, quite literally, in the centre of it.

No; they were literally in the middle of Khaenri'ah, right now.

It had been less than a day, but Y/N had figured out two things.

One: they had been aged down to around 7 or 8 years old. And yes, they had already tried to change, but to no avail. That caused them to realise they didn't have any adeptal blood in them anymore, or not enough to give them their full powers. Yet, they still somehow had the same strength.

Which brought them onto the second point: they had been dumped, quite literally, into a hidden alleyway. They opened their eyes to darkness, and it took them a few minutes of trying to calm their breathing and heartbeat (because they last thing they remember was Rex's golden amber iris', and the tears falling down) before they opened the - what they found out after getting out - was a box. Large enough to fit them, but small enough that it was still slightly cramped.

And that's how it had been for the last few days. Scavenging for food, trying to keep warm, which was hard. Considering Khaenri'ah was just a cold place with only superficial light to guide people's ways. It reminded them a lot of Enkanomiya, a similar structure, but different. It was weird seeing it all in person, considering it was never actually shown what it looked like.