chapter one

━━☽⋆° ✧⋆°━━

┏━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━┓
chapter one;
bear grylls:
genshin addition.
┗━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━┛

❝ only once you know and respect death, can you truly understand the value of life

❝ only once you know and respect death, can you truly understand the value of life.  ❞

━━☽⋆° ✧⋆°━━

Cracking their bleary e/c eyes open, Y/N's stared at the sky for a moment. Blinking a few times to clear their gaze, the dull colours of some golden yellows, oranges, greens, but some blurred browns, greys and blacks. Sighing, Y/N rubbed their eyes and blinked, this time, thankfully, having much clearer vision.

The first thing they saw was how high they were compared to further in the distance, making them realise they had landed on a hill. The second thing was the familiarity of the landscape, which had trees filled with golden, red and orange leaves, but there were parts of the landscape that was barren - completely desolate. Charred trees with no leaves, soil bare of any grass, smoke in the distance.

A completely foreign land.

Y/N sighed, still feeling the dehydration in their throat. Looking up at the sky that was littered with white stars, a big silver moon, and a floating island.

...A floating island, that look eerily familiar. Squinting at it, one thought crossed Y/N's mind.

Celestia.

It looked strangely familiar to Genshin Impact's floating city of Celestia. Except right now, it was not leaning to any side, it was completely fine, no broken pillars, and it even looked slightly closer than in game.

A loud rumble shook the earth, making Y/N stumble a bit until they gained their footing back. Turning to look at where the sound came from, a massive glowing brown and yellow spear was heading straight towards the ground. It was quite far away - closer to the growing smoke than where Y/N was right now, but that wasn't what freaked out Y/N, oh no.

It was the fact that Y/N realised that they had been thrown into the world of Genshin Impact, and it was possibly before the Archon War, or during it. Y/N didn't know which was worse.

They hadn't even had time to fully absorb the fact they were actually in Genshin Impact, but the fact that what they just saw dig into the ground, the spear still able to be seen from where Y/N was standing, was none other than Zhongli - or rather Rex Lapis right now - and the spears he used to carve Liyue into what it looked like during the canon storyline.

Y/N inhaled as much air as they could, holding it for a few seconds, then exhaling. They didn't know what the fuck to do. They didn't understand any of this, and it was taking everything in them to not scream out to alert anything nearby.