nine

This September was the most hectic for the girl

This September was the most hectic for the girl. She had landed herself with two jobs, alongside her studies and now her vast growing social requirements. And Kim Younghoon was another to add to that list.

She missed the days where the only friend she had was Changmin.

Now she found herself struggling to make the time, but as she watched everyone else her age flourish and cope just fine with a social life and work life, she wondered if she was simply the problem.

Or if her years of slim friendships taught her nothing but to treasure time alone.

"Sorry!" The girl yelped as she jogged through the crowds of people on the busy streets.

She was late for work, for the first time ever.

She knew it wouldn't be a big deal, but as someone who was always on time - it was a big deal to her.

Reaching the store, she placed her hand upon the door before a familiar face opened it. "Why did you run? You're right on time."

Jinae struggled to catch her breath as Eric simply laughed at her, inviting her in as she rushed to the computer to clock in on time. "Made it."

"You were always going to make it, silly," the blonde shook his head. "Now freshen up, you stink."

"Really?" Jinae's face dropped, her hand reaching up in a feeble attempt to smell herself.

Eric let out a laugh as he walked away, looking over his shoulder to flash a smile at the girl before disappearing into the studio. "Of roses, darling."

The girl sent him a pathetic smile before turning her attention back to the register. Jiheon wasn't here yet, so she'd stick around.

The door opened, the girl glancing over hoping to see the pretty girl she had befriended.

But instead what she seen was a man with the physique of a god and the face of a model. "Excuse me..."

He spoke but everything became such a blur for the girl, so much so that she blocked out everything he was saying.

When he displayed a cardigan, Jinae didn't even glance at it, her eyes in a trance as she nodded. "That's okay, I'll place it in lost property."

"Ah, no," he chuckled, shaking his head. "This is yours, ma'am. You dropped it whilst you were sporting a marathon on your way to work."

The girl blushed, only realising now it was the cardigan she stupidly carried in her arms as she ran.

"Oh, I'm sorry," she apologises, her hand reaching over to retrieve it as she bowed her head. "Thank you-"

"What say we make a deal?" The boy asked, his dark hair bouncing ever so slightly as he leaned forward, refusing to hand over the cardigan.

Jinae was in disbelief. "A deal?"

"I'll return your cardigan, if you let me take you out."

She had come to know the handsome boy as Younghoon.

As she sat across from him on their second outing, she was in disbelief that she had even let him take her out for coffee after her shift that day or that she was sitting across from him in this lovely restaurant.

He was so handsome that it was almost intimidating.

"I just realised," the boy leaned forward on his elbows. "Your dress matches the interior."

"Oh!" Jinae gushed, noticing the pink floral print on her dress matched the flower wall behind her.

Younghoon watched her amusement in adoration, a look that didn't go unnoticed by the girl.

His eyes were beautiful much like the rest of him, and therefore she always found it difficult to focus around him.

She felt as though she had gone through puberty backwards. Where were all these gorgeous guys in her early teenage years? Why were they now a distraction when she needed them the least?

"Let's get you to work," Younghoon smiled, placing down money for the bill, offering his hand to the girl.

Eric and Jiheon glanced over to see the pair by the entrance, talking and evidently flirting.

Jinae wore a dress so beautiful that it was a shame she would have to waste the day in work wearing it. "Whew, she looks gorgeous, and so is he."

"Yeah...." Eric mumbled, drawing his eyes from the two as he went back to work.

"So, can I see you again soon?" Younghoon quizzed, and who was the girl to deny such a handsome man of that offer?

"Absolutely," Jinae smiled, stepping back to smile at a customer who entered the store. "But I better get to work."

"Ah, are you saying I'm a distraction, Miss Yoon?" He chuckled.

"Exactly that," you have no idea, she thought. "I have a few things to help Eric with today, he'll be waiting for me."

Glancing over, Younghoon noticed the boy looking right back before he turned away, pretending to be busy.

It was then he realised exactly what that look was. "Oh, I believe he is."