twenty

Changmin and Chanhee stared at the girl who looked dead behind the eyes. "What is wrong with her?"

"I was once glad when she was silent," Chanhee said casually. "Now I find it concerning."

Her best friend throws the boy a glare, but he just shrugs as though to suggest Changmin always knew that was how he once felt about the girl. Not now, that was the important part. "Jinae?"

"Hmm?" She hummed, not dragging her eyes from the wall.

"What is wrong?" He wondered. "And don't say nothing because I've never bought it when you've said it before and I certainly won't now."

"You're persistent," Jinae grumbled. "I'll give you that."

"That wasn't an answer, missy."

"Well if I say it you won't believe me anyway," she shrugged, picking up her bag as the teacher dismissed the final class of the day. "Because nothing is wrong."

The boys followed her as they reached the school gates. "Are we still coming over today?"

Jinae stalled ever so slightly. It was a Friday, after all.

She recalled her last conversation with her mother. One that ended in voices being raised and Jinae still in a state of confusion about the whole ordeal with the Lee's.

Her mother was so adamant that she and Mr Lee were nothing more than friends, but couldn't explain why they were graced with the men's company every week.

"Yeah," she eventually nods reluctantly. "You guys can come."

Changmin somehow wished they didn't bother.

Chanhee, on the other hand, was loving the tension and drama of the situation he found himself sitting in between.

"Again, if you have my friends helping out - why isn't Sunwoo or Hyunjae?" Jinae complained.

Mrs Yoon stayed silent, not willing to yet again have this argument with her daughter.

"It isn't a problem, Jinae," Chanhee smiled slyly, side eyeing the girl. "We are happy to help."

"Yeah right..." the girl grumbled, washing the vegetables as she looked towards the table again.

The same as last time. Mr Lee engrossed in his newspaper, the two young boys beside him talking and laughing amongst themselves.

She didn't know how hard she was staring until Sunwoo caught her eye, raising an eyebrow at her and continuing to converse with the brunette beside him.

It was then that he caught her eye too, his eyes following where Sunwoo's lay.

She wished she knew which look made her heart jump.

"More prepping less staring," Chanhee teased from beside her, earning a nudge from the girl who tore her eyes from the beauty before her.

"I'll try..." she muttered.

And she really did try. But it was close to impossible when she was placed right in front of Hyunjae yet again.

Even more so when she felt the occasional grazing of their shins, his eyes burning holes into her skull.

Part of her wished he would stop, but the majority of her being told her that she would only long for his glance anyway.

"Tutoring is a great way to bring in experience, and cash of course, for those who want to proceed to university," Jinae thought Mr Lee was rambling nonsense until she finally listened in. "You should give it a try."