Chapter 7

Russia was being practically pushed in the hallways toward the door by Kaz. "Kaz, what- why are you pushing me?" Russia asked as the reached the large double doors of the castle. Kazakhstan stood and looked at the stained glass that was above the doors for a moment, the he turned to Russia. "I know I am asking of you a lot, but I need one more thing." He said in a soft voice, much less cocky and egotistic than before.

Russia could tell this was serious, and that worried him. "Of course Kazakhstan, go ahead." He said. Kaz sighed and looked at the stained glass again with a solemn look. "I know America very well, we are almost brothers given how close I've been to the English Family, and he is a very... complex soul. I know you said you didn't want to be around him anymore, much less have to protect him, but please Russia, take care of him. He is very fragile right now, and he may break if you try to exploit him." Kaz explained with genuine worry in his eyes.

Russia studied Kazakhstan for a second. This country that he hadn't seen as more than a mere figure meant so much to his brother, and for a reason deeper than just the regular care. "Okay, but on one condition." Russia finally said. Kazakhstan looked up at him with his eyes grateful and curious. "Why does this America hold such value in your heart? What did he do for you?"

~..-----..~

Russia walked down the hallways that lead down to the room America was in. He never saw America as anything more than a self-absorbed narcissist, but after what Kaz told him, maybe he was more. A lot more than he let on.

As Russia approached the room, he could hear small noises coming from inside. He got closer an could make out small cries. 'Is America crying?' Russia thought. He sped up his steps and stopped right outside the door. Russia pressed his ear against the door and contemplated what to do. He gently knocked on the door and entered.

"America?" Russia said gently. He stepped aside and grabbed a fold-out table from the other side of the nurses quarter and set it next to Americas bed. He looked over to America and the sight made him feel a pang of hurt in his chest. There he lay, his arm draped loosely over his forehead, his eyes glassy and his body trembling. He looked so different than the usual America he saw at the board meetings, he looked more like a human. He looked real.

"I am going to go grab some work from my office, I'll be back, okay?" Russia said. America just nodded in response. Russia left the room and speed-walked to his office. He grabbed a beanbag chair and some documents. He looked over to the left of his desk and quickly grabbed blank paper and a regular pen. He put his papers on a clipboard and dragged the beanbag behind him. He got back to the room and set up a comfortable workspace next to Americas bed. Russia put the blank paper on a clipboard and read over the documents on the fold-out table.

The silence was comforting for a while, until Russia heard small sobs coursing through the body of America. Russia stopped working and just listened. Ever since he was young, he'd always been good at dissecting crying to try and better understand the pain someone was going through. Russia was having a hard time settling it on one thing, he sounded hurt, angry, sad, and regretful all at the same time. America abruptly sat up and clutched his stomach in pain.

Russia jumped up a bit and got startled, and looked over to America. He had one hand coving his mouth and the other grabbing his stomach. "Russia..." America whispered through broken sobs. "It hurts." Russia stood up slowly and walked over to the medicine cabinets. He quickly but thoroughly sifted through them and found pain killers. He grabbed a cup and filled it with tap water before walking over to Americas bed and sitting in the corner of it.

"America, lay down and take this." Russia gently commanded. America hesitantly took the pill and chugged it down with the water offered. Russia looked at him and sighed. He needed to ask, he needed to know. "America," Russia started.

"What happened to you?"

---------------------------------------------------------------

OMG IM FINALLY DONE. This isn't my best chapter or my longest chapter, It just took me so long. I actually kinda dislike this one, but I'll rewrite it, I just needed to get something out before guilt of some sort ate me up inside. I like the concept, but my writing isn't the best here, hehe. Anywayy I have a surprise planned for yall in an upcoming chapter!!~ But I am debating whether I want Canada to be Aro or with someone, we will have to see.