Chapter 23

France and Britain watched as the girl with long hair and pale white skin got out of the carriage. Her robe was red and white with gold decals, and it hid her 5 tails quite nicely. The only thing that gave it away was the small points poking out of her black veil, which was tied together with a bow.

She held a basket and with a wave in the air, the carriage disappeared. Everyone knew of Japan, she was both a zenko and yako, along with one of the only onmyōdōs left.

"Les enfants, allez-y." France told her kids, smiling and waving them upstairs. New Zealand and Australia shared a look, but they went up to Australia's room anyway.

France glanced back at the window and saw her walking towards the house. The ladies in her little group had been weary of Japan because of her abilities, causing France to have a small ounce of worry.

Japan never came around unless there was a reason. She was very secluded, and they only ever saw her when she came by to give America something or when she was especially upset and she came over to hang out with America.

Britian quickly closed the blinds and tided up the kitchen and living room, then he put some water to boil for tea. France nervously sat in the living room, her mind trying to come up with possible ideas as to why she would be here.

The expected knock at the door startled them. Britain and France made eye contact for a few seconds, before they both walked to the door to answer it.

"Oh, hello, Japan." Britain said calmly. "We weren't expecting you to come by." He said, offering her a smile.

France stood behind him, still in view, glancing at Japan. Her face could be seen making a small frown under the veil, which was much more thin up-close. She knew Britain had seen her coming, she could sense the lie coming off of him. She quickly smiled again, not giving him a greeting.

"Is there a table in America's room?" She asked, her voice the same tone all the way through. France couldn't help but step back slightly, she was always a little... odd. And what did she want with America? Had nobody told her yet?

Britain hesitated. "..Yes. May I ask why you need to know?" He asked. Japan smiled a little more, still not giving an appropriate answer.

"That'll do." She pushed past Britain and France and started heading up stairs to America and Canada's shared room. Britain and France glanced at each other before quickly following her. They hadn't even really been in that room since he left.

The first thing the pair noticed was how still the room was. Nobody had stayed in it in a while. The curtain used to give the boys privacy was pulled up, and Americas side of room was untouched. Every figure and poster was still in place. His bed was still messy. Canada had cleaned his side before he left, but there was a heavy energy in it. As if someone had died.

Japan sighed and gently set her basket down on the floor. She walked over to Americas bed and stared down at it. She noticed the dust on his dressers and desk. She noticed the window giving the voided room a small bit of light. She turned back to Britain and France, untying her veil. She held it in her hands, and she looked so... young. Like a sorry child.

"I want to help find him." She finally said. It was then that France realized she didn't need to be scared. Japan was a beautiful girl, easy to be envious of, and even though she seemed weird she was still mentally young. France smiled gently.