Chapter 12

The winged boy quickly ran over to Canada and dusted off his shoulders, repeatedly apologizing and looking him over, checking for injures. "I haven't seen you in a while." Canada said while Kazakhstan did one final look over. Kazakhstan finally sighed and smiled. "Same here. I missed you a bit, being completely honest." He said with a small laugh. "Of course you did." Canada said proudly. Kazakhstan just laughed and nudged him with his elbow.  

"So, how did you know I'd be training?" Canada asked, re-setting up his equipment. Kazakhstan sat on a nearby bench and ran his hands through his wings. "People talk, word travels. I heard about your brother, then... China." He said. Canada clenched his fist. He took a few deep breaths and attempted to keep his calm the best he could. "Yeah, I bet." Canada responded, trying not to sound upset. Kazakhstan sighed and cast him a sad smile. "You have a home with us if... y'know. Stuff starts happening." Canada felt warmed by the gesture, but needed to go on this mission. "I'm the leader, actually. Of the mission." Canada said with a hint of pride. Kazakhstan clapped his hands and giggled. "Really? That's awesome!"

 Canada looked down at him and sighed. He smiled and sat down next to him to drink water. "And you? What's been going on? Word about you has been quiet." Canada said between sips. Kazakhstan shrugged and leaned against the wall. "Not much, honestly. I accidentally tamed a baby pigeon, it imprinted on me, that's cool. I have Bel taking care of it." Kaz said, smiling fondly. "His names Jean." Canada laughed as he and Kazakhstan got into a intricate conversation about names, and pigeons.

~-.-~

Kazakhstan flew to Russia's castle in a rush. He knew America would be thrilled to know that he had gave Canada a visit. He even took some pictures. He wished he could see the twins, as delightful as they were. But knew he wasn't even supposed to be there at all. Though he did truly miss Canadas company, he knew that apart of the reason he went was for America.

 You would know when you got into Russian territory, it was a rash tundra. Ruthless winds and lower than low temperatures ripped and tore at your skin, but there was beauty in it all. Today wasn't particularly bad, it even was looking like a good day for the weaker critters of the snowy desert. 'Russia must be in a good mood.' Kazakhstan thought. His wings illuminated in the air, like a comet or a shooting star, and produced a warmth that made it easy for him to fly like he was.

The small, scattered villages started to come into view as he shot through the air. He counted each one before he made it to the castle. He made it up to five before the tall tip of the stained glass bulb on the structure came into sight. Kazakhstan dove down and spotted the landing pad Russia had installed, just for him. He landed with a roll for extra safety, and jogged to the door that would lead to a ramp that goes down a few floors.

Kazakhstan started to slowly trot toward the infirmary, excited to share his day with his American ally. He really enjoyed seeing his eyes light-up and his eyebrows lift when he got happy. It wasn't romantic in anyway, he just wanted to make him happy and see the little things he did when he was. Once America finally revealed his eyes to Kazakhstan and the others, it just powered that desire even further. And Kazakhstan knew that America shared the same thought.

As Kazakhstan entered the nurses quarters, though, he walked in on something extraordinary. Something he never thought he'd see in his lifetime.

Russia taking care of America.

Just like he promised.

All his worries were gone in an instant. At first he wasn't even sure If America was going to be alive when he got here, but here he was.

Russia stood there, cleaning his cuts on Americas legs and gently shaking his head and snorting at some ridiculous story America was saying. Occasionally he would look up at him, laugh then go back to what he was doing. America noticed Kazakhstan first, and jumped up off the bed to greet him. Russia started to get after America, but after he saw who the third person was, he had the same reaction.

"Kaz!! You're here!!" America said, drowning him in a hug. Kazakhstan wanted to shove him off, and playfully reprimand him, but he was already doing so much better than before. Kazakhstan squeezed him back. It didn't take away from the momentary wooziness that he had when he was released, though.

It didn't help when Russia did the same thing, swallowing him in a hug and scanning him over while plaguing him with questions. Kazakhstan huffed and sat down on the bed. Russia offered him food and water, but he impolitely declined with a smirk to which Russia playfully scoffed and flipped him off.

Kazakhstan was about to start off by telling America about his visit with Canada, when he noticed something.

America was wearing Russia's favorite sweater, and a pair of his shorts.

Russia was even allowing him to use him as a support. To grab on his arms and basically grasp his muscle. Kazakhstan knew that most of the time, Russia was uncomfortable with lots of physical touching from people outside of close family, but here America was grabbing his arms and touching him like it was absolutely nothing at all. Kazakhstan eyed Russia suspiciously.

What had happened while he was gone?

--------------------------------------------------------

So how are we feeling? Kind of a boring chapter, I know, but I made good use of foreshadowing. ALSO, baby pigeon Jean will strike again. He is in the walls.

WILL KAZ BECOME THE BIGGEST RUSAME SHIPPER EVER??? IS HE A LITTLE SUSPICIOUS OF MR.RUSSIAN??? I have a head-cannon that he would be super over protective of America in this story, he was abt to box Germany over him ffs.💀 Would he attempt to box Russ over Ame as well? Maybe...

On a semi-serious note though, thank you for reading! It means alot, and I get happy every time I see a vote, or a comment, or someone adding this story to their reading list or library!

(Fluff?)

Also, I'm gonna try to post every Friday, but there will be some I will skip! Its not a promise, its an effort!!