Chapter 17

Canada had woken up early. He had expected to be one of the only ones up, a possibility of bumping into Monaco or Poland, but that was not the case. He saw China going to the restroom, his eyes still ridden with sleep. Canada offered a wave, and China smiled slightly at him. Canada continued walking, wanting to be outside. It reminded him of Kazakhstan and his flying.

As he made his way to the front of the Castle, he saw a silhouette of a person. They stood there, elegance radiating off of them. Canada felt underdressed and small standing next to the admirable figure. They spotted him, and jumped happily, slowly jogging toward him and pulling Canada into a hug. "Canada!" They said happily, squeezing him tightly. Canada smiled gently and bent down to hug him properly. "Hello Ukraine."

Ukraine stepped back and inspected Canada. "You look like you just woke up, where have you been?" Ukraine said, following Canada outside. Canada sighed. "It feels like everywhere, all at once." He said with a sigh. Ukraine nodded. "I have been out of the loop, but you, Mr. United States, and China are the names I've been hearing the most. What's going on there?" Ukraine asked, genuinely curious. He pranced gently next to Canada, who was heading for the castle garden.

"Oh, so much." Canada said, sighing. He didn't want to be the one to give Ukraine the news, he always held America at a high standard. Ukraine almost idolized America, looking up to him quite a bit as a small child in the Cold War. Russia was already older, being maybe around 17, while Ukraine was only about 8. It was a wonder why he looked up to the enemy, but Kazakhstan said whenever they played war, he always wanted to be on the American front, not the Soviets. This was probably the reason Ukraine claims he were Soviets least favorite child.

"Tell me about it all. I'll listen, I have very large ears." Ukraine said, lifting his hands to stretch his ears out to appear larger. Canada laughed. Ukraine had the humor of a child, but Canada found it cute. He sighed and walked along the path of the garden, getting close to the forest. "Okay, I'll tell you." Canada said finally.

~.-.~

Ukraine seemed to have a dimmed glow now that he knew what the commotion was about. "No offense, I kind of want to beat up your dad." He said, a small frown on his face. Canada rubbed circles on his back. "None taken, I wanted to stab his balls when it all happened too." Canada said. Ukraine laughed and nodded. Then he looked up to Canada. Canada knew America was important to him, even if they were never close. At first he found it odd, that Ukraine held America close for no apparent reason, but eventually he got used to it. "Room for one more on your expedition?" Ukraine said, determination in his eyes. Canada eyed him. "How good are you at hunting?" He asked, a smile on his face as they walked back to the castle.

~.-.~

Germany sat at a table outside with Italy when they returned to the castle. Italy seemed deep in conversation, but when she saw them, she jumped up and waved. "Raine! Nada!" She shouted, waving them over. Germany offered a smile, but he looked saddened by something.

Canada and Ukraine walked over to them and sat next to them, Canada next to Italy and Ukraine next to Germany. "What are you two doing?" Italy asked, raising her eyebrows suggestively. Ukraine blushed, but Canada just smiled. "Oh, we went for a walk in the garden. Nice garden, by the way." Canada said, nodding. Italy sighed and Germany tried to hold back a laugh. Ukraine just giggled.

Germany spoke next. "So when do you leave?" Germany asked, curious. "I was hoping to have a drink with you." He said. Canada thought about it, and smiled. One more day wouldn't hurt, plus, who knowd what information he could get from a bar? "Sure, but I shouldn't stay longer than today." Canada said. Germany nodded. "Yeah Germany, he's busy, save your alcoholic charm for another day." Italy said, a smirk on her face. Germany rolled his eyes playfully. "Maybe you should come with us, might my charm work on you?" He said, a smirk on his face. Ukraine rolled his eyes and Canada laughed.