Chapter 21

Germany averted Britain's gaze. He didn't know what to do. "Last I heard, he was here." Germany said, finally looking up to meet Britain's eyes.

Britain was about to say something when Germany continued. "But that was months ago. Then he went to the cafe just a few miles from here." Germany said, constructing a plan in his mind.

Britain looked at him confused. He thought the intimidation would have worked. "Then Italy said he ran into him at an antique shop, but that was before I heard that he was seen on a walk somewhere in South America, yet that was after I saw him in a post office, but then-" Germany rambled.

Britain slammed his hands on the desk, interrupting his train of thought. It was obvious Britain was getting annoyed, and it was obvious Germany's plan was working. "Enough nonsense! I want to know where my son is currently, and I know you know where he is." Britain said, anger lacing his voice.

"I was getting to that, be patient." Germany said, pretending to be offended.

Britain sighed and rubbed his temples. "Right, sorry. Go on." Germany nodded, appearing satisfied with that answer.

"Wait, I forgot where I left off. So he was at the cafe, then on a walk, then at an antique store, but before all that he went to a guitar shop, I remember Monaco said they ran into each other, then Cameroon called and said she and Israel saw him on the beach, but that was before he was spotted taking a walk in-" Germany started again.

Britain gritted his teeth. "You know what? Thank you for coming, Germany. You are free to go now." Britain said, an annoyed smile on his face.

Germany scoffed and acted hurt by his interruption. Just to add salt to the wound, as he left he mumbled, 'How rude. No wonder he left.' Germany closed the door and the weight of what he had just done weighed on him.

Germany needed to leave, and he needed to leave fast. He said a quick bye to France then darted for the door. Once he made it outside, he let out a breath he didn't know he had been holding. He had just avoided Britain.

He sighed, and started walking down the trail where he came. He better be America's best friend right now.

Inside, Britain was still in his office. He thought about calling Germany back and offering him money, but he had an odd feeling Germany couldn't be bought. He thought a little longer, and the idea popped into his mind. Why not find someone that could be bought? Someone in the European castle, someone close to Germany? He picked up his phone and dialed a number.

~.-.~

Russia paced his halls, nervous and tense. America wasn't getting better, if anything he was getting worse. They still hasn't talked about that night when they kissed, and before Russia could bring up the subject America got sick.

Even though the memory still lingered in his mind, he had more important things to worry about, like how America was getting almost deathly ill. Russia was still nervously thinking about everything, when he heard a gasp come from Americas room.

Russia quickly dashed into his room, preparing for the worst, but was relived to see it was just America staring out the window, marveling at something. "What are you looking at?" Russia asked, walking over to see what he was seeing.

America pointed at the trees, to the family of brown bears in the forest. Russia couldn't figure it out, until he saw an albino bear peak it's head out from under it's presumed mother. It was just a baby, and it had the most pretty face Russia had seen.