C38

I know the who but not why. The headmaster gave me to my parents but I don't know why he did. Professor Holmes and Roman convinced them to bring me to The Vale and I have no idea why. I can get the answer right now if I want but I'm still trying to process and piece everything together. It's obvious that the headmaster and his son knows all about me. They probably knows who my biological parents are, and even though dad said they're dead, I still want to know about them. I want to know my origin. The headmaster and Damian knows I'm onto them but Professor Holmes and Roman doesn't know I know.

I realize I know nothing about the four of them. How are they connected? I can see how the headmaster and Professor are connected but Roman is just a student. Why pull him in?

This got me thinking about the book I saw in the library, the romance novel that has the professor name on it. One would think it just an ordinary book but he dedicated it to a certain George Holmes, now it might be a coincidence that the George I saw in Arihmatheo's mind isn't the same one professor dedicated the book to but I can't stop thinking about. It's all connected. It's obvious that he's the one. According to what my dad said, Arihmatheo tracked them down in Australia after professor Holmes asked them to disappear, he tortured answers from them. Also the way he knew the headmaster. He was so familiar with him.

The first thing I do after everything is steal the only copy of The demon and the witch from the library. I think the Headmaster knew I was going for it because it was spell protected. I lay on my bed and turn the back to read the blurb. It's short but catchy. It goes like this: They both knew what they felt for each other was forbidden. They knew their love was prohibited, but they worked on it. Their love got them killed, they died protecting their forbidden love.

I turn it to the front and open the book, my eyes scan the page I saw the spell that day but somehow it's empty. The whole book is empty. It like he put it there intentionally for me to find just to irritate me. Now, I don't know why I'm drawn and curious about the book but I knows it means something, I just don't know what and I will find out what it is and then I'll confront each and every one of them. It's my life. They have no right to manipulate it like this.

I just wish I had the power to turn back time and just go back to the moment I was before everything changed and I had to come to this school. I was happy then, I lived the way I wanted. I did everything without a single care in the world. I know it was only a matter of time before I start asking questions but still, I would have loved to continue living that life instead this mystery and lies that I've been tangled up in since I arrived here.

I feel guilty for leaving my dad like that especially after he told me that Arihmatheo tortured them, but I can't see past the fact that he knew what I was, who I was and didn't bother to tell me. Everytime I woke up screaming and he was there to coddle me back to sleep, I thought he cared but it was all a lie. He knew what type of school The Vale is and he pretended as if he had no choice, like mom forced his hands, but it was never about mom or me. It was all about the talk they had with Professor Holmes. Everything was put in motion by him. I can't understand how someone can be so cruel.

“Oh my God! Really, Cam?” An exasperated Nate says from the doorway.

I groan and bury myself under the duvet. "I command you to disappear." I mumble.

Apart from Jessica, Nate, the headmaster and Damian, no one else knows what's going on. Nate is Roman's roommate and I know he likes Jessica, we told him so he could watch Roman for us.

I feel the weight shift from the side of my bed. "Knock knock," Nate's speaks directly in my ear as he knocks my head. "Anybody home?"

I'm about to tell him to fuck off but the door opens. "Stop disturbing her, Nathan." Jessica cautions him.