C39

After my talk with the professor, I know it's time to listen to what the headmaster has to say. I've been avoiding and ignoring him because I know the moment I learn the truth will change me forever. I've been a nobody my whole life and whatever the headmaster says will determine my fate, at least I get to know what the fuss is about.

I sit across the headmaster, we're in his office, the only thing that separate us is the coffee table. He was surprised when I entered his office without knocking, he knew I would come, it was just a matter of time. And here I am, waiting for him to say something. He knows why I'm here.

"Would you like some coffee or maybe some biscuits?" He asks and nods towards the unwrapped biscuits in foil paper. "Damian baked those and I haven't had the chance to try them out, would you like–"

"You don't live on campus?" I don't mean for it come out as a question. I know for a fact that he doesn't live here, he's got a mansion and I've never seen him anywhere but his office.

He shakes his head. "I work here but I don't live here." He answers.

I hum and cross my legs. "Where do you live?"

"New York."

"That's like eight hours flight from here. Is that why you have a portal at the library?"

He nods, not questioning my interest in him. "I can't just create portal because this school is built with magic. The more portal I create, the more weak the school gets, so I just created a permanent one where no one can find, no one but you that is."

"I want to know everything. No bullshit. I want to know where I come from. My parents. My powers, everyfuckingthing."

"My real name is El-Gar-El. I come from another realm, Di Hipsodat. It's very far from here and only my portals can open the doors to it. My job as the royal gatekeeper of Di Hipsodat kept me busy for millennials. Your grandmother, El-Laura-El, the queen of Di Hipsodat–"

"What? Did you just say my grandmother?"

He nods and continues. "She is a warrior. The best defender of Di Hipsodat and the one true queen. She conquered worlds and her name is associated with fear. She gave birth to a son, Ulrik, your father and asked me to care for him because he was half Dihipian and half Mesdowellian. Mesdowell is a planet located in another solar system and all of whom inhabit it are superior beings, they are stronger even stronger than Dihipians. I brought your father to earth because that was the last known location of his father, Kai Stark. I changed my name to Dean Wallace and your father's name to Eric Stark. He grew up on Earth but he didn't grow up as a royal or a Dihipian because that's what his mom wanted. He knew where he's from but never asked questions. As time went on his powers began to grow, I did everything I could to teach him to control it but there's always a weakness. And the first day we found that your father's weakness was fire, he let go, destroying half the block and everyone else with it.

"Ulrik blamed himself and vowed never to use his powers. We couldn't find Kai but we found his mansion in New York and we relocated there from Cornwall where we first landed. He met your mother, Sabine in College and they hit it off immediately. I knew Sabine was a witch and I told him about it. I advised against their relationship because I knew her father, the high lord wouldn't accept Ulrik because he wasn't a wizard. He didn't listen, he went ahead and told her about what happened when he lost control of his power. Sabine's guard heard the conversation and told high lord, his disgust for Ulrik grew. They loved each other, your parents, they really did. And they fought despite the world being against them.

"When your mother got pregnant with you and told her parents, they didn't accept it. Ulrik fled with Sabine, they got married and I offered to take them to Di Hipsodat, they would be safe there but she was pregnant and he didn't want to take any chances. So he said we'll go after your birth. High Lord found them after, they took Sabine and forced your birth and took you from your mother. Your father came for the both of you but they knew his weakness and set the whole place on fire, killing him in the process. I was able to rescue your mother while Damian got you. We gave you to her and stayed with you but your mother, she was depressed. From forcing your birth and your father dying, she couldn't handle you, so she left and never returned. Damian looked for her and he found her at her father's house.