C24

I throw another stone into the lake and sigh. I've been sitting at the edge of the lake since morning, thinking about everything. It's a bright afternoon with everyone else still in class.

It's been three days since I woke up from my death bed, and thanks to Nurse Sharma telling the headmaster that I need to rest to regain my strength. The headmaster already told the teachers I was sick and won't be attending classes for some while, until I'm good as new. The truth is all strength returned the minutes I opened my eyes. I feel fine but I'm just using the days off to figure somethings out.

I haven't been able to stop thinking about what I saw in Arihmatheo's mind and what he said about Sabine and Eric being my biological parents. I know Arihmatheo is the last person I should trust because if I'm been honest I shouldn't believe anything that comes out of that man's mouth but I was in his mind. I saw Sabine and Eric. I know what I'm about to say doesn't make sense but those places and people we saw in his mind didn't look made up. They were real to me and I believe him. I've thought about it and I've asked myself, why? Why did Arihmatheo show me my parents? How did he know them? Because it was his memories and they wouldn't be a memory if he didn't live it. He knew them and that was probably how he knew who I was the first time we met.

I just wish there was a way for me to see him. He said we'd never see each other and I know he meant to say it. Leave it to Arihmatheo to stop a show with cliffhanger and disappear on you.

The headmaster suspects something. It's like he knew where I was because he's been extra attentive since I woke him. He may think I don't notice him watching me from a far. But I always know, just like I know he's been watching me since I came here. "Did anything happen when you were unconscious? Did you go anywhere or see anyone?" He asked me after I woke up. I wanted to ask why he was very specific about his questions but I didn't, I shook my head and went back to sleep. And he's been showing me that he has a stalker-like tendency behavior.

"I know you're there, headmaster," I voice out as I throw another stone into the lake, "you can come out and tell me what's on your mind instead of larking around the shadows like a ninja."

Footsteps approaches and my mind screams. Can't he just take a hint and leave me alone. I've been doing well not seeing anyone since I opened my eyes three days.

"How did you know I was here?" He asks as soon as he reaches me.

"You were hiding behind a tree." I remind him. It's not like the tree did any job in hiding him.

"Right. I won't be hiding behind a anymore." He says and takes a seat beside me.

"How about you stop hiding and just say what you have to say." There you have it, Dean Wallace.

I pick another stone and throw it up, I catch it before tossing it inside the lake. My hand drop to my side to pick another stone but feels nothing. I look down to see I've run out of stone to throw.

Great! Now I have to listen to him without distraction.

"Are you okay?" He asks after moments of silence that the only sound we're hearing is from the lake.

"Huh?" I wasn't expecting that. "I'm good."

I hear him sighs and notice him look at him from the corner of my eyes before saying, "I'm worried about you, Cami."