CHAPTER 4

Toni

I stood in the backyard with a glass of champagne in my hand. My dad refused to let me go home because he still had some important news to tell me and everybody else he invited. We all were just waiting for my mother and her husband to show up.

"You good?" I heard someone say next to me, I looked up at Logan who had a worried look. Her short brown hair was messy but in a nice way.

"Yeah" I sighed and turned to look in front of me keeping my eyes on Olivia being all lovey dovey with her stupid 'steve from Minecraft' looking boyfriend. Logan hummed and grabbed a glass of champagne from the waiter.

"So what do you do in life, Toni?" She asked taking a small sip, my eyes shifted to her and took my time to examine her. She was wearing a black dress pants with a white blouse that had the sleeves rolled up and her tattoos were showing.

"Who's asking?" She smiled at my question,

"Someone who's interested in you..." She whispered leaning closer to my ear, I playfully rolled my eyes at her and gently pushed her away from me. I caught Olivia glaring at both of us before rolling her eyes and turning the other way. What's wrong with her?

"How about you tell me where you were for the past decade? Then I might consider answering your questions" I downed my drink and handed it to her, she looked at it then back at me with an amused look. She put both glasses on the table and cleared her throat before fixing her posture.

"Sergeant Major Logan Sanchez at your service ma'am" she gave me the salute making me giggle at how cute she looked. Her arm flexed and I gave it a quick look before staring at the woman's face. Hot.

"So you preferred to serve your country instead of seeing your family?" I asked, she put her hand down and smiled.

"My family visits me from time to time, I just had to move a lot." She explained, that explains why I didn't see her for a long while. She must've went to military school.

"So are you retired now?"

"Discharged, yes" I hummed an answer and nodded before looking the other way. Her intense stares were making me a bit nervous specially when she was very handsome and charming, I guess it just runs in the family.

My thoughts were interrupted when my drama queen of a mother made herself present. Her dark hair was in a tight bun and she was wearing a lovely green dress, her husband who's a few years younger than her walked right behind her. What is it with my parents and marrying younger people?

"Ah Toni my baby!" She walked to me and grabbed my cheeks, she started pinching and pulling them making cooing noises. I felt the embarrassment creep from my neck to my face.

"Moooom~" I dragged, I heard someone muffle their laugh and I gently pushed my mom's hands away from me before glaring at Logan who was trying her best not fo laugh.

"Oh my god, Logan?? Is that you?" My mom gasped, it was now Logan's turn to get her cheek pinched which made me smirk in return. That's what she gets for laughing at me.

"How are you doing Ms Storm, you look so wonderful. You didn't even age, not one bit" Logan said with a smile, and that's all that took to win my mom's heart.

"Oh stop it, you're so sweet" my mom held Logan's face and kissed her cheek making the taller woman blush hard.

"Phoebe, nice to see you again" my dad said sarcastically, my mom let go of Logan and turned to face my father.

"Julius.." my mom replied with a disgusted tone, I sighed loudly making both of them look at me.

"Don't start" I pointed to both of them.

"Now, since your mother finally decided to appear...four hours late" my dad said looking at his wrist watch then made his way in front of the small crowd. Some people already left so it wasn't as big as it was when I first got here.

I watched Mr Sanchez, Olivia's dad make his way next to my father with a proud smile on his face. What is happening? They looked at each other like they've planned something and I was starting to feel anxious.

"What's going on?" Logan asked sounding as confused as I was, my eyes quickly started to look for Olivia. She was standing next to her mother, she seemed to be asking what was happening as well. Her eyes met mine and my breath hitched, her worried ones stared at mine asking me if I had an idea and I just shrugged my shoulders.

"I've invited you all here not only for my engagement party, but to celebrate my only daughter who I love very much" my dad raised his glass towards me and I just smiled awkwardly waiting for this shit to be over.

"Thanks dad" I mumbled with a big eye roll making sure he saw it, Logan chuckled and took a sip of her glass.

"Because I'm engaging her to a Sanchez" Logan spat the champagne from her mouth in surprise while I just stared at my dad in horror not believe what I just heard.

"What?!" I heard Olivia say from the side, I looked at my mother who had an apologetic face which meant she knew about this.

"Jesus dad, ¿qué hiciste de nuevo?" Logan said in Spanish with her hand on her face. (what did you do again?)

"When was this?! When did I even agree?! What the fuck dad!" I found myself yellin at him.

"If we don't do this, you'll die single. Toni you haven't been with anyone since you were born!" He yelled back, I was boiling with anger by now and my nails were digging in my palms. He was embarrassing me in front of everyone and I didn't need that right now.

"That's none of your business!"

"Yes it is! That's why you're marrying Logan!" I was taken back, I looked at Logan who had the same surprised face then my eyes went to look at Olivia. She had a blank face, I could tell she was upset and stunned as well.

"Fuck you, dad!" I took off my heels and threw them at him one by one but he quickly ducked dodging them. I pushed passed Logan and grabbed the bottle of champagne before making my way out of the party.

"Toni! Wait!" I heard many voices call for me but I just ignored them and made my way to my car, I got in and slammed the door shut. My parents and The Sanchez's came running out the door to stop me. I pushed my hand out of the window and flipped them off, specially my dad.

"I don't have anger issues and look how mad this man made me..." I drove away from my dad's place and went home.

I hate commitment, I hate being told what to do, I hate when people assume shit, and I specifically hate it when they make me do shit I don't fuckin want. With every thought I I hit the steering wheel hard.

"Okay..maybe I do have anger issues"

What about Olivia? How would she feel? What would she say if I married her sister? Would she be okay with it? Would she be jealous? Why would she? She has a boyfriend.

What about Logan? She's been shoved into my dad's shitty plan as well. I should talk to her about this. She must be as upset as me.

*******************************************
Hmm 🤔

Okay, interesting. Bye!

Muah

-S