CHAPTER 28

Olivia

"Ma'am please tell me what's going on" I begged the nurse who was back to her desk, my whole body shaking in worry. It's only been a few minutes since Logan went in and nobody wants to answer my questions.

"Miss, please take a seat or go home the operation takes between 6 to 12 hours. Yo-" I cut her off because I was still in the void, still oblivious of what surgery Logan will do and what does it have to do with Toni.

"What operation? What is even happening?!" I demanded an answer, the woman stood up abruptly with a serious face while staring at something behind me.

"We have two adults here, a 30 year old pregnant woman with a 16 weeks fetus was involved in a car crash resulting in multiple traumas.." the paramedics rushed through the emergency doors with a woman laying on a wheeled bed, then followed by another wheeled bed with a man that was barely recognizable.

"And a 34 year old man also involved in the same car crash only the traumas he has are much much worse than the woman's, we tried to get a pulse but it was too late" they rushed past me towards the emergency room, I stood there still flabbergasted with everything that's happening. I sat down with my hands over my face.

Is Logan donating an organ to Toni? Did they agree to do this? Why wasn't I informed? All these questions and many more ran through my brain. I shivered slightly feeling the cold breeze hit my body that's when I realized my hoodie was dripping and so were the rest of my clothes.

"Ma'am..."

"Ma'am!" The voice startled me, I looked up at the nurse from earlier. She had few documents in her hands but I don't think they're meant for me.

"Ms. Storm has a heart condition and she needs a heart transplant immediately. Ms. Sanchez is the perfect match and she agreed to donate her organ to her wife" the nurse explained with pity written all over her face, Logan consented? And Toni agreed? How selfish can Toni be to accept this?

We could've looked for a donor, someone else, someone who isn't my sister, my perfectly healthy sister. I felt something wrap around my body and I looked at the blanket the nurse just laid on me, I'm assuming she saw me shiver from the cold.

"Are you sure you want to stay here for 10 hours?" She asked me, I nodded my head yes without looking at her. I could hear her footsteps moving away from where I was and soon disappear behind her desk.

Should I go check the metal box Logan told me about? Why did she say that it had stuff for me? And why were they so important? Did it have any explanation of what's going to happen to Logan and Toni? Perhaps why they agreed to do this?

I found myself making my way out of the hospital too deep in thoughts, I still had Logan's car keys in my pocket so I unlocked it and got in then drove towards Toni's place. The faint sound of the radio wasn't loud enough to bother my train of thoughts.

I unlocked the door and went straight to Toni's room, the door was open so I just walked inside and made my way to the closet. At the bottom right corner was the metal box that Logan told me about. I dragged it out of the closet and sat down next to it.

I shakily opened the box and frowned deeply when I found a stack of papers wrapped together with a red bow. At the very top was a small note, I pulled out everything from the box and sat it next to me.

*My dear sister,

If you find this, it means I'm not here anymore. These, are letters written for you by Toni. She made me promise not to say a single word until she's gone. But I'm hoping you'll never get to read them, I'm going to offer my heart to her. I'm going to save Toni, and you never have to go through that pain again.

I know the death of your first love was devastating, you were so broken then and I wont let you go through that again.

Toni doesn't know about my decision and I wish for it to stay a secret even when she wakes up from the surgery.

I love you, Olivia.

- Logan *

I was already crying hard reading Logan's note, when we were kids we had this friend who lived across the street. I don't think Toni remembers him, he was a little boy whom we used to played with. He was my secret boyfriend and I was his secret girlfriend, we were still in 9th grade. And one day we were supposed to meet up with Toni but he never showed up.

Later that night, we noticed the police right in front of his house. That's when I was informed he died. I was...devastated.

I shook my head slightly to try and get rid of the bad memories and unwrapped the bow from the stack then grabbed the letters Toni wrote for me. They had obvious tear spots that were dry now which only made me cry even harder.

I read through each and every one of them, over and over again until my heart couldn't take the pain. My hand shakily put the letters back in the box along with the note and sat there in silence unable to move or cry.

I noticed a folded paper that I didn't seem to notice before, I wiped my tears with my sleeves and grabbed the piece of paper.

"Last will and testament?" I read the title,

...

I,...Tonitrua Strom..., Declare this to be my last will and testament, and revoke all previous wills and codicils made by me.

I direct that all my belongings and properties, real or personal in Italy are to be under the name of Ms, Olivia Sanchez. Anything that was bought by me in that country shall directly be written as her property.

I direct, that in case of my death,...Olivia Sanchez and Logan Sanchez...inherit 75% of what I own. As for the rest of my fortune real or personal, it shall be donated.

...

On the back of the paper was written a phone number and a name, it was her lawyer's name. Toni literally lost her mind, she gave me and Logan all what she has. I don't want money, I don't need this fortune, I just want them to be okay. I just want them to live.

---

3rd person pov

*Meanwhile in the operating room*

"Scissors" Rupert demanded, his assistant doctors and nurses were all surrounding the unconscious body of Toni, her chest was wide open and you could see her beating heart behind the perfectly cut ribs.

"Is patient number 2 under anesthesia and ready for the transplant?" He asked his assistant doctor, the woman replied in confirmation. Rupert made sure Toni was stable before moving to the second operating room, changing what he had before with clean and new ones.

"Why Logan? Why" he mumbled to himself, the surgical blade in his hand and being guided towards Logan's chest.

Just as he started cutting her skin a loud banging on the glass door made him look up, another doctor was asking permission to come inside the room. He waved her in and she almost ran to him.

"Dr. Leon, a patient just died.." he rolled his eyes and was about to continue what he was doing when the other doctor cut him off once against.

"...he miraculously also has AB- blood type and a perfectly healthy heart ready to be transplanted."

*****************************************
But I wanna kill somebody 😭

Muah

-S