CHAPTER 26

Logan

I sat down in front of Rupert's office shaking my leg up and down in anticipation, his assistant finally left the room and smiled at me which meant he was excepting me now.

"Thank you" I said to the woman as I walked past her and inside Rupert's office, the old man was sitting behind his desk with reading glasses on as he read through some papers.

"Hello Dr. Leon, did my results come out yet?" I asked directly not waiting for him to greet me back, I promised myself that it I had the same blood type as Toni I'll be the donor.

"Logan dear, how are you doing?" He smiled but his eyes didn't, he took off his glasses and sighed. I needed an answer immediately, my heart couldn't handle the anticipation.

"So?" I asked hurriedly,

"You miraculously have AB- blood type...as well" he said sounding disappointed, I found myself smiling like an idiot my hands landed on my face before taking a deep breath.

"You shouldn't be doing this Logan, you're still young. I'm sure Toni will get a donor soon" Rupert interrupted, I shook my head no with tears falling from my eyes.

"You don't understand, I get to save two poor souls Rupert before it's too late. Toni's and my sister's..."

"I get to make two people who mean the world to me, happy..." I cried out, he wouldn't understand why I'm doing this. Only I know why I wanna do this, so many reasons but only one matters. I've done so many horrible things in my life and I get to repent, I get to ask for forgiveness and I get to finally find my peace.

When I met Toni I got to heal, I got to be a better person, and I'm not about to go back to what I was. I'm not about to lose myself again, if Toni dies that's exactly what's going to happen to me, I'm gonna lose myself...

"Please I have one last wish" I begged Rupert while he stared at me with pity, he nodded telling me to continue with my request.

"I want to be anonymous, I'll donate my heart to her but don't tell her it was me. All the procedures should be done with an anonymous name" I demanded, the old man sighed scratching his white hair in frustration. I knew he didn't want to do this but it is my wish and he has to accept.

"Alright"

"Thank you Rupert, thank you so much" I shook his hand before leaving his office and the clinic, Toni has been locking herself either in her office or her room for the past few days but at least I get to remind her to take her meds on time.

I drove back to her house where I knew she would be because that's where I left her last, I unlocked the door and went in.

"I'm home!" I yelled, I took off my jacket and dropped the keys on the table before running upstairs. That's always the first thing I do, I make sure Toni was alive and responsive before going to do my business.

"Toni?" I knocked on her door and waited patiently for her to answer.

"Come in" the weak voice of Toni was heard, I pushed the door open and walked inside the room. Toni was in her bed with a book in her hands, I could see that she was crying behind her reading glasses but I decided not to comment on it.

Her long dark hair was in a messy bun on top of her head, I wish things were different. I wish she wasn't sick and in love with my sister, I wish she was mine so I can love her the way she deserves. I wish she was mine...body, heart and soul.

"I want a hug" she said with a pout taking off her glasses, I laughed kicking off my shoes and crawled next to her. I wrapped my arms around her body, she sighed and laid her head on my chest while I played with her hair.

"How was your day?" I asked her, she pulled away then got off the bed then made her way to the dresser and picked up more papers, she's been writing more for Olivia and it was mind blowing the way she toyed with words as she pleased.

"I wrote more and I'm done, everytime I write something I cry and my chest starts to hurt." She explained and went to stand in front of the window, it was raining outside even though we were only a few weeks away from summer.

"I'll add them to the other letters, I've been keeping them safe"

She was about to say something when her phone started ringing interrupting our conversation. She looked at the contact name and I saw her eyebrows frown in worry.

"Why is Rupert calling me right now?" She asked before picking up the call, I wanted to see her face when he tells her the news. I wanted to see how her face lits up when she knows "someone" was compatible.

"Hey Rupert, what's going on?" She asked quickly, I couldn't hear what he was saying to her because she was a few feet away from me but according to the expression she made the news were good. Her eyes quickly filled with tears and her hand went to her mouth covering it, I watched her frowned eyebrows tremble from the news he was telling her.

She put the phone down and put both her hands on her face, worried that the news weren't that good I stood up and went to her.

"What did he say?" I put my hands on her shoulders and gently caressed them. She looked up at me with red eyes and red cheeks and finally smiled.

"I have a donor" I smiled and swallowed the lump in my throat then wrapped my arms around her.

"That's...amazing" I whispered hugging closer to my chest, it might be the last time I'll get to hold her like this, the last time I'll have a sniff of her scent and the last time I'll feel her body against mine. Her hands gripped my shirt tighter and cried harder against my chest while I cried silently knowing what going to happen soon.

'I love you'

I said internally, I'll never tell her to her face...I'll never confess. But as long as I know I love her, nobody else has to.

"I told you you'll be okay" I kissed her head and pulled away, I smiled as hard as I could and wiped my tears away with my sleeves. She laughed through her tears and grabbed my face kissing my cheek.

"You're the best Logan" she said with a wide smile before walking out of the room, I looked down and let out a shaky breath then put my hands on my hips. I bit my lip to stop it from trembling then took a deep breath and followed after Toni.

I found her putting her coat and shoes on and I gave her a confused look, where was she going this late?

"What are you doing?" I grabbed her arm and gently turned to look at me.

"I wanna see Olivia" I pursed my lips and nodded letting go of her arm, I grabbed my keys and jacket without questions.

"No it's okay, Logan. I'm gonna drive myself, I'll be fine I promise" she reassured me, she kissed my cheek again and grabbed her phone and car keys and almost ran out of the house with a huge smile on her face.

I closed the door behind her and sighed...

At least she'll live.

*****************************************
Be patient.

-S