CHAPTER 30

Logan

"But I still loved you, I told everyone that I had an older sister who's stronger and braver than anyone they've ever seen.."

"I told my bullies that someday my sister was going to come back and beat their asses"

"So you trying to leave me again, was honestly a bitch move not gonna lie"

***

Her words played in my head over and over again, I thought I was doing her a favor by not being in her life. I was a grey cloud of bad luck, and I most likely would've remimded her of what I've done.

Drowning myself in thousands of hours of training and traveling with my team was what kept me going, but even that didn't make the guilt go away. I wanted to end it all but I was such a coward to do so, I couldn't do it because I thought maybe one day I could beg for forgiveness.

I laid on the bed, my body too heavy for me to move and all I could do was cry silenty. My eyes slowly gained their sight back and I tried to focus them with a few blinks, I felt so tired even though I didn't do anything.

I was tired mentally...

I wished things were different, all I wanted was to rest and have some peace. All I wanted was to repent for what I did.

Must I suffer for the rest of what I have left to live? Is my punishment falling for someone who's heart doesn't beat for me? I fell for the woman god designed for my sister.

I sighed and sat up on the bed, I put my hand to my chest, it was supposed to be empty, my heart was supposed to be in her body. Beating and pumping blood to keep her alive. I turned to my left and noticed a note under a glass of water.

I took the cup and guided to my lips sipping the cold liquid, I then opened the note to see what was written on it. It must be Rupert's hand writing because it was very hard to read. He was just informing me that I wasn't the one to donate the heart and that Toni was alright.

"Yeah no shit, Rupert" I took another sip of water before putting it along with the note on the nightstand. I laid my head back against the wall behind me and found myself thinking. Why was I sad? Why was I upset? I should be glad to be alive but why am I not?

But I should be thankful, it's enough that she's okay. It is enough for me to see her smile in order to forget all my troubles and worries.

I know I sound so desperate...

I am.

It's like having two hearts, one lives just for her, for her happiness, for her pleasure, a heart that is possessed with passion while the other is tormented by her desire but neither life gets better or death comes. So I'm left in the middle...

"Oh good you're awake" a voice caught me off guard, I looked at Rupert who was smiling at me. I could see the relief behind his expressions. He closed the door and slowly made his way towards my bed.

"I need to ask you something Logan" he said in all seriousness, his tone suddenly changed into a low careful one.

"Was your sister's boyfriend involved in this? Does he have a hand in Toni's sudden heart attack? Answer me honestly" he demanded, what does Peter have to do with this?

"I really have no idea, she was passed out on the parking lot when I got there" I explained in all honesty, he scratched his chin with a thoughtful look before nodding. He then turned to leave.

"Wait! Why did you ask? Did he do something?" The questions flew out of my mouth before I could contain my curiosity, he looked hesitant like he this was a secret topic that he couldn't speak of.

"He's on the run, he killed someone and injured another badly. The police are looking for him right now and so is Julius...for some reason" Rupert replied simply but his answer seemed to have parts missing like he didn't say the full truth, It's not my place to ask further questions but now he just made me even more curious.

"I just thought it was quite odd that the accident happened almost the same time when Toni had a heart attack, but I'm just being suspicious. You know I care about Toni and only want what's best for her..." He seemed to worry a lot, even more than her real dad. Rupert was a good man and he loved Toni so much, I could see it in his eyes.

"Anyways, it doesn't matter. Have some rest" he smiled softly before leaving the room, leaving me deep in my own thoughts and suspicions. Maybe Peter was at Olivia's and he saw Toni and tried to harass her again, when she collapsed he panicked and ran away then ended up being involved in a car accident.

With all different types of scenarios playing in my head like a movie I started to feel sleepy again, and before I knew it darkness consumed me.

--

The next day, I was visted by a nurse who checked on me making sure everything was good and I'm ready to go. My clothes were given back to me, they were clean and warm. I put them on and thanked the young nurse who was just standing there staring at me.

"Come back soon" she unconsciously said, she looked so dazed and I just chuckled, that seemed to wake her up from her day dream and I watched her pale face turn red so fast.

"No thank you" I said to her before leaving the room, Rupert told me Toni's room was the one next to mine so that was my next stop. I gently pushed the door open and entered the room, just to find my sister sitting on a chair that was right next to Toni's bed.

Olivia was sleeping in the most uncomfortable position leaning forward on the bed with her hand intertwined with Toni's, I smiled at them feeling a tiny ping of jealousy in my heart but I quickly pushed it away.

I walked next to her and brushed my palm on her head, she jumped up from her sleep startled at the sudden touch on her head. I smiled softly at her puffy eyes stared up at me in confusion. When she realized I was standing there for real she jumped out of her seat and right into my arms.

"I hate you so much Logan, I hate you I hate you I hate you..." She sobbed while hitting my chest over and over again, I tightened my hug around her and she cried softly. I brushed her hair back and let out a shaky breath.

"Why would you make such impulsive decision?!" She asked wiping her eyes with the bottom of her palm, she pulled away and glared at me with her arms crossed in front of her.

"I wanted peace..." Was the only thing I said and she seemed to catch up on what I meant, she sighed and wrapped her arms around my waist. That was her way of saying that everything was going to be okay, her way to try and comfort me.

After our very lovely reunion we sat in Toni's room watching her while talking about random things, that include Mr Storm and Peter.

"I think Peter has something to do with this" Olivia said with a loud sigh, just when I was about to confirm her suspicions. Toni's heart monitor picked up speed, I looked at Olivia and she had the same surprised look as me. I quickly got up and went to call for Rupert and a nurse to inform them that Toni was waking up.

******************************************
What do you think is gonna happen?

Muah

-S