CHAPTER 31

Olivia

Logan went to get the doctor while I sat in the room holding Toni's hand and watched the monitor beep faster. I watched her frown and unfrown her eyebrows before she let out a soft groan.

She squeezed her eyes shut then slowly opened them trying to adjust them to the bright light, her pretty brown eyes moved around the room until they landed on me. She kept looking at me with curiosity but did nothing else.

She sat up and I quickly went to her side to help her, she winced holding her chest. I'm guessing since the wound is still fresh. Why isn't she saying anything? What's wrong? She sat there and just stared at me until I started to feel so awkward.

"Do you feel okay?" I asked with worry laced in my tone, she nodded softly and pointed to the water on the nightstand next to her with a smile. I helped her drink a bit of water before sitting back on the chair.

The door opened all of sudden revealing Dr. Leon and Logan who looked even more worried than I was, Rupert made his way to Toni and started checking her vitals to see if everything was good.

"Toni, do you feel better?" Rupert asked, Toni tilted her head to side like a cute pup and looked at Logan who was standing behind Rupert.

"Who are you?"

I felt my heart drop at the sound of her question, my eyes almost dropped out of my head. Did she lose her memory? But how? She didn't have a head trauma or anything close to that.

"W-what?" Logan asked I could feel the tension build in the room, that's until Toni started laughed making all of us stare at her like she's lost her mind.

"I'm just playing, Logan." She said with a cute chuckle, we all let out a sigh of relief. Her little joke was not funny at all, she almost made all of us have a heart attack.

"For fuck's sake" Logan breathed out and plumped down the chair, she was so pale like she's seen a ghost. She rubbed her face then  brushed her hair back before looking back at Toni who just smiled sheepishly at all of us.

"Oh come on, it was funny" she said in fake defensiveness, Toni smiled at me and slide her hand in mine. I took her finger between mine before pulling them towards my lips and planted a soft kiss.

"How do you feel?" Rupert asked again, Toni took a long deep inhale before exhaling softly. She gently laid her hand on her chest making sure not to press on it too hard.

"Like I got a new engine, very relaxing I might say. Like a big ass elephant just got off my chest." Rupert smiled and nodded his head as he wrote things on his clipboard, I played with her fingers as she spoke more to Rupert about what felt good and what not.

"Toni, I don't wanna bother your rest but did Peter cause you any harm? Like did he do something that made you have a heart attack?" Logan asked all of a sudden, Toni's eyes shifted from their sunny and warm ones into a much darker ones, like she was remembering something. She cleared her throat and pushed her hair out of the way.

My eyes widened when I noticed the strangulation marks on her neck, I extended my hand and gently brushed my fingers on them.

"That's why your dad went insane yesterday" Rupert said with a loud sigh, Toni quickly looked at him confused.

"Dad was here?" She asked in surprise, yeah after six or seven hours he finally showed up. I fought the urge to roll my eyes at the thought and just kept kissing on her hand.

"Yeah, Julius is looking for him. He killed a man and injured a pregnant woman as well, I don't think your dad will let him live" I just hope they catch him before he hurts anybody else, Toni turned to look at me and her eyes softened. She pulled her hand away from mine and put it on my face instead.

"You look tired my love, did you have some rest?" She asked in a gentle voice, I smiled at her and at how worried she sounded. She was the one getting a heart transplant yet she's worried about me instead.

"I slept for a few hours"

"What about you Logan? Are you okay? You look bothered" Toni's attention was now fixed on my sister, Logan gave me a glance before focusing on Toni. Her glance seemed like she was begging me not to bring up the donor subject.

"I did sleep for a long while, because I didn't have to listen to your loud earthquake snores." Logan joked with a soft smile, Toni rolled her eyes playfully before giving my sister the finger.

"Ah yes Rupert before I forget, I'd like to know who donated their heart. I want to find their family and give them whatever they want, I want to thank them and also apologize." Toni said with a sad smile, I glanced at Logan and she was staring at Toni almost with heart eyes. For some reason I felt odd, I felt like I was ruining something.

"Of course dear, I'll bring you the file"

After Rupert left, Logan stood up from her seat and walked closer to the bed. Toni let go of my hand and put her arms out, Logan smiled like a kid and hugged Toni then kissed the top of her head.

"I'm glad you're okay, Toni" she held Toni's face in her and softly brushed her thumbs on her cheeks, when I looked at my sister's face, when I looked in her eyes I could see the love and the desire she has for Toni, but I can also see the pain.

"I'm gonna go home to rest a bit, okay? But I'll be back later to check on you" Logan smiled softly and kissed her forehead before picking up her jacket and leaving, Toni was still staring at the door too deep in her thoughts so I put my hand on hers to get her attention. She blinked a few times and looked at me.

"Are you okay?" I asked, she nodded with a smile.

I was told visiting hours were over and I had to leave but I could come back later today to see Toni again. Instead of going back to my house I went to Toni's, why did I do that? I have no idea.

I knocked a few times before Logan opened the door, her eyes were red and puffy like she was crying. She stepped out of the way and I walked inside the house. I made my way to the couch and Logan did the same, I sat down with a long sigh.

"Do you love Toni?" I found myself asking, Logan didn't dare look at me and focused on the tv instead.

"Do I love her?..." She hummed and went quiet.

"I don't know what love is..." She started but then I saw a sad smile her face.

"..but if love is the desire to see her constantly, to the point that I don't see anyone else in this world, and I only want her for me..."

"...then yes, I believe I love her" she sighed softly before leaning her head back on the couch and closed her eyes as if she was reminiscing the memories she has with Toni. I saw a tear slowly slide from the corner of her eyes but she still had a small smile on her face.

Why do I feel like I'm killing my own sister?

******************************************
Helloo,

How do you think the book is gonna end?

Muah

-S