10. I failed!

Abhinav

I was about to leave my office and took my phone. There were 35 missed calls from Isha and 15 missed calls from Abir. I was about to call back when I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in," I answered. My secretary walked in.

"Sir! Mr. Prakash called saying Mr. Raizadha cancelled the meeting with him and came back."

Why would Ishaan do that? Was something wrong?

Just then Abhishek barged in saying he too got missed calls from Abir. By this time I was so sure that something was wrong. We started walking towards the exit quickly.

We got into the car and started to drive. Kanna spoke after some time. 

"Ma'am looked tensed and angry when she left. Did something happen sir?" Did she come to my office?

"When did she come?" I asked shocked.

"Around 2:45 sir. After that woman left."

Shit! I was so affected by that woman that I didn't even notice her presence. How stupid was I? Is she in some danger? Did she come to me for help? Why did Ishaan fly back? Is she alright? Questions kept ringing in my brain and we finally reached home.

"Is Isha home?" I asked a help who was cleaning something.

"Ji kuwar sa. She is in Rajkumari Abhigya's room." 

I left a sigh of relief but still ran towards Abhigya's room to confirm with my eyes.

I opened the door. Isha was applying ointment to Abir's knuckles. Ishaan sat on Abhigya's bed hugging her and his hands were bandaged too. Abhigya looks pale.

I went in followed by Abhishek. 

"Bhai where were you?" Abir asked noticing my presence.

Abhigya came running towards me and started crying hugging me.

"What happened beta?" I asked. But she didn't respond. I looked around but no one responded.

"What happened?"  I shouted this time.

Just then Isha's phone went off and she picked it up.

"Hello, sir! How's the boy?" She asked in the call.

Which boy is she talking about?

Abhigya started to calm down in my arms.

"I will be there right now sir." Isha ended the call and started walking out.

"Where are you going?" I asked her.

"I'll be back but you stay with abhigya. She needs you," she replied.

"Bhabi I'll come with you," Abir spoke.

"No Abir. You will stay here. I'll take Abhishek with me." She replied again and left with Abhishek.

"Will someone fucking say what happened?" I asked again but I controlled my tone seeing Abhigya's condition.

Abir explained to me what happened and how a bastard dared to harass my sister.

I want to kill him. I will fucking kill him. But first I have to calm down my sister. We stayed with Abhigya till she fell asleep.

After she slept I asked Ishaan to be with her and left the room with Abir.

"Where is that bastard?" I asked Abir.

"Probably in the police station bhai. I would have killed him but bhabi maa stopped me."

"Go take rest Abir. We have to be strong for Sweety." I ordered him and he left for his room.

I went to my room and took out my gun. I'll kill that bastard today.

I was about to go out when she came in.

"Where are you going with that gun?" She asked.

"To kill that bastard who dared to touch my sister."

Isha

I rushed to the hospital when the officer told me the boy who was kidnapped was in critical condition. I arranged for the blood units and stayed there till the doctor said he was fine. But there was one question that was haunting me. 

What did he do in those 3 hours? He left the mall with Abhigya at 3:30 pm and we found him at 6:30 so what did he do in those 3 hours?

I requested the officer to find out about it.

When I went into our room I saw Abhinav holding a gun and fuming with anger.

"Where are you going with that gun?" I asked.

"To kill that bastard who dared to touch my sister." He roared in anger. To be honest I am frightened by his anger but I have to act fearless to stop him.

"Are you mad? Do you want to end up in jail?" I asked trying to knock some sense into him.

"I don't care about it. I will kill him." He roared again and started walking towards the door.

I hugged him to stop him. He tried to break free but I held him tight.

Abhinav

She hugged me stopping me from leaving the room. I tried to break free but could not. She was holding me tight and I don't want to end up hurting in the process. 

So I just turned around and hugged her holding her closer to my chest.

"I failed to protect my sister Isha! I failed to keep her safe." I said pulling her more closer and tears started rolling down my cheeks.

I don't show my vulnerable side to anyone but she is different. She makes me let all my guard down. 

"shhh. It was not your mistake Abhinav." She tried to calm down me.

"No, it was. If I had picked up your calls, if I noticed your presence in my office, if I had not indulged in my hate towards that woman and noticed you in my room my sister would not have gone through what she had."

"Abhi listen to me. None of this is your mistake. Maybe you had a bad day and Abhigya is completely fine. Don't blame yourself Abhi please." 

She started drawing patterns on my back with her arms.

"Let it out, Abhi. Cry all you want." She whispered.

I cried holding her for 15 minutes and stepped back from her.

"Go take a shower. I'll get something to eat for you." She said pointing towards the bathroom and I went in. I really need a shower to calm down.

After staying 45 minutes in the shower I came out after calming down my nerves.

I looked for her but she was not in our room. I was about to go and look for her when I heard her voice.

"I'm on the lawn. Come here." She announced.

I went to the lawn and saw her sitting in the swing. I went there and sat beside her.

She passed me the food plate and I'm not at all in a mood to eat.

"Abhinav you need to be strong for Abhigya. Please eat."  She requested me.

When I didn't respond she took the spoon in her hand and got the food near my mouth. I couldn't say no to her. I just could not. I opened my mouth allowing her to feed me.

"Did you eat?" I asked her.

"I'll. After you are done. She said pointing to the other plate lying next to her. She ran for hours to save my sister, took care of everyone's injuries, and fed me without thinking about herself.

I took the plate in my hands and started feeding her. After we were done eating she kept the plates away and came back.

She sat beside me and I kept my head in her lap. She started caressing my hair softly. Her touch felt so relaxing that I didn't even realize when I fell asleep.