26. Proposal!

Isha

We all enjoyed ourselves there for some more time. Papa and Chachu went to Banglore a few days ago and Dadi sa and Dadu sa went to the Palace to see Bua Dadi sa. So, they couldn't join us. But they wished me on a call.

We reached home by 10 and everyone went to their respective rooms. I entered our room and set some things to surprise Abhinav before he returned from his call. I arranged everything and got freshened up.

He came back after some time and his gaze fell on me as soon as he entered. I asked him to freshen up and he did as said. By the time he came out, I dimmed all the lights and hid.

"Princess! Where are you? Why did you turn off the lights?" He asked walking towards the switches. I turned on the fairy lights that led to the balcony hinting at him of my presence. He walked into the balcony looking around. I pushed him into the swing and ran away before he could catch me. 

"Princess!" He whispered with a small chuckle

"Princess!" He whispered with a small chuckle. I just walked behind him and kissed his cheek. He quickly grabbed my wrist and didn't let me run away this time.

"Not again biwi!" He said getting up. I turned off all the lights using the remote control. He looked around and I took it as an opportunity to run away again. 

I started expressing my feelings by lighting the candles placed on the table.

"You walked into my life when I was not at all prepared for love. You were that lightning that brought an unexpected rain that drenched my heart to the core.

I joined the college to know myself better but I could merely come out of your thoughts to think about myself. When I tried to take my mind out of you something or the other pushed more to you. First, it was my assignment that introduced me to your professionalism, then it was my brother who introduced your other side which was only for your close ones. Every time I heard about your little funny incidents I wished to see you more! I wished to be part of those moments. I wanted to listen to all your stories not just from my brother but from you too! I always wanted to meet you but never dared to ask my brother, not because he would not let me or something else but because I was afraid that you might have another girl in your life! I didn't want to break the bubble I was living in. When the marriage proposal came I was so happy but I was scared that you might reject it. That's why I asked bhayya for his opinion. I thought he would definitely know if you had someone in your life. I was on cloud nine when you agreed to the marriage.

At first, when you were being distant I thought you needed some time to adjust and I was happy to give you that time. But when you asked me to stay away from your family matters " I took a long breath to stop tears from falling down. I didn't realize him standing behind me till he hugged me from behind. He rested his head on my shoulder and mumbled a sorry. I continued further.

"Then I thought you don't treat me like your wife and you don't want me in your life. I was devastated. So, I started ignoring you. But, you confessed everything, and trust me I was the happiest that day. I felt like Shivji had answered all my prayers that day.

You are my first crush and first love. 

Will you give me the privilege to be called yours? Will you let me be your support system and a shoulder you can lean on every time you feel weak? Will you be my strength? Will you be my light when everything seems dark?  Mr. Abhinav Singh Rathore, will you be my forever?" I said getting down on my knee and stretching my hand towards him. 

His eyes are filled with tears. He knelt down and pulled me into a bone-crushing hug.

"I will! I will!" He said kissing all over my face. Then he joined our foreheads and we stayed like that for some time. 

His eyes landed on my lips and he took my hand in his. He kissed the back of my hand and moved up leaving feather-lite kisses all over. His gaze again got fixed on my lips and this time he pulled me closer for a slow, romantic kiss. We joined our foreheads after some time when we were out of breath. 

"Let's see your gift!" I said getting up. He too got up with me.

"I have already got the best gift of my life!" He said wrapping his hands around me.

"Come on Abhinav! I have tried so hard to get it ready for you!" I said pouting. He kissed my pout and gestured for me to show.

I turned him toward the canvas holding his shoulders. He looked at his sketch which is shining in the light of candles that I lit till now.

 He looked at his sketch which is shining in the light of candles that I lit till now

"That's incomplete!" He said looking at the sketch making me frown at his statement. I spent days getting it right. It took me a whole week to draw him and he's saying it's incomplete but how is it incomplete?

"How is it incomplete? It's a complete picture of you Abhinav!" I said in an argumentative tone.

"It's incomplete because the artist forgot to draw my wife beside me, Princess! You make me complete!" He said eying at the sketch again. Tears of happiness started rolling down my cheeks listening to his words. I hugged him tightly not leaving space for even air to pass between us.

"Sorry baby! I didn't want to hurt you by saying your gift is incomplete! I just said what I felt!" He panicked wiping off my tears.

"Let's complete it now then!" I said and turned on the lights. He looked at me confused. I ran in and came back with a mirror. I handed him the mirror and asked him to hold it. He did as I said with confusion written all over his face.

I took the pencils and brushes and started drawing myself. I completed drawing myself in 1 and a half hours as I always drew myself and I am habituated to my features. I gave him the mirror just to see how happy I look when I am with him. 

"It's done!" I said placing the pencils and brushes on the table. He came to me and looked at the painting.

"You... you draw?" He asked surprised by the sketch.

"I have always loved to draw but I took classes to become professional  when I read you like to draw and you are an artist!" I said looking down.

"You learned this for me?" He asked making me look at him. I nodded yes and in the next seconds, his lips crashed onto mine again.