49. Angry men

Isha

I woke up before him and decided to tame this male species with their favorite dishes. I know they can't resist my food. With that thought I freshened up and went to the kitchen. I was preparing coffee when Abhigya walked in rubbing her eyes.

"Good morning Bhabi maa!" She wished me with a smile.

"Good morning to you too my future bhabi!" I chirped making her blush. We both chatted until the coffee was ready and walked onto the front lawn. Priya joined us and we three started discussing our outfits and jewelry for the evening puja. We heard the voice of my favorite Devar.

"Bhabi maa!" He shouted and started coming towards us with a frown. Did he go out? But this early in the morning? I asked him the same pouring some coffee for him.

"Bhabi maa, you know Abhinav Bhai sa asked me to go to the airport in the early morning to pick up his friends. He said Abhishek bhai sa must be tired speaking to bhabi sa whole night so, I should pick them up." He complained about his brother but said the last line looking at Priya with a teasing smile. She blushed hard listening to his comments. 

"Aww, my cute baby!" I said pulling his cheeks and he huffed in response. Abhigya and Priya laughed at him and he passed them a glare before pulling out his puppy eyes and looking at me. I gave him a laddoo from the plate beside me. I made laddoos for him, and Abhigya bought them here to taste.

"By the way, where are the guests, Abir?" I asked looking around. He said he went to pick up Abhinavs' friends but I see no one here.

"Here, madam!" I heard a very familiar voice. It was Nihal bhai for sure. I gasped seeing them here and we all shared hugs. 

"I didn't know you guys were coming!" I exclaimed happily forgetting the fact that my family was looking at us for an explanation. I met them at my school and both of them treated me like their sister. They know everything about my past as we shifted back to Rajasthan after Bhai has beaten the shit out of Raman. But we all never lost our connection and they used to visit my college too. They have been quite busy in the last few months with some cases and couldn't attend my wedding because of which they don't know my husband.

"We thought of surprising you." Nihal bhai chirped and I nodded smiling. He is a very funny person to be around. I know he and Shreya have a thing for each other but these stupids won't admit to it. Then I saw Abir giving me a confused look and it struck me. I didn't introduce them.

I made a quick apology and made the introduction of Aditya Bhai and Nihal Bhai.  I introduced my family to both of them. We settled down and I asked a maid to bring coffee for both of them and started conversing. 

I heard footsteps and I know to whom they belong. His cologne hit my nostrils making me aware of his presence. I chose to remain silent and observe what he would do. He cleared his throat and I craned my neck to look at him.  I scooted a little giving him space to sit. Why is he not avoiding me now? Why is he sitting beside me? He wished them in a very formal tone and they both did the same making me want to scoff at their professionalism. Didn't they say they are friends?

"How and when did you people become friends?" I asked raising a brow at them challenging them to lie. I know my husband very well and I know them both too. If they were friends, it would not be the way they greet each other. Adithya bhai mouthed a later and I nodded understanding it was something serious. I saw Abhinav looking at me and then at Adhitya bhai fisting his hands. Oh, now I know why my dear husband sat beside me. He doesn't know I treat them as my brothers and is getting jealous!

Then I saw Adi bhai looking somewhere with his jaw clenched. Now what happened to this man? I followed his gaze and saw Prisha Di and Abhishek coming to us. She was laughing at something he said making Adi bhai grit his teeth.

Does he like her? It was the first question that came into my mind. 

I made a note to ask him later and excused myself to prepare breakfast. I made the favorite dishes of the three important men in my life who are angry with me right now. I asked the maids to set the dining table and went back to our chamber to take a shower. I was covered with sweat so I took a quick shower. I went down and sat at my usual place. Soon, everyone came there and I was about to serve Dad when he showed his hand stopping me.

"Mithali, I want a coffee. I am not feeling like eating." He said with an expressionless face and was about to stand up but sat back when Maa glared at him but he was adamant about not eating. When I was about to serve Abhinav he did the same and asked for black coffee. Bhai followed them. I felt tears brimming in my eyes and sat back in my seat looking at my hands in my lap. I don't want to cry.

"Bhabi maa," I heard Abir calling me. He was sitting beside me. I wiped off my tears and smiled at him. He didn't say anything but served food on my plate. I just sat there looking down.

"Eat, bhabi maa!" He said again and I shook my head negatively.

"Enough of all this drama! I want every one of you to complete your breakfast without any tantrums, now!" Dadi sa ordered and we all including the three of them ate quickly. Technically, my beta, I mean Abir fed me while they ate on their own. 

"What was that, Ishu?" Adi bhai asked me in a concerned tone and I asked him to meet me in the study.

I waited for him and he came in after a while. First, I asked him about him being a friend of Abhinav and he explained how they both are planning to get hold of a drug racket and expose the minister. Then I explained to him about the stunt I pulled and was expecting him to scold me but he patted my head.

"I am proud of you, Ishu!" He said kissing my hair. He is the first one to appreciate me for what I have done.

"I am proud of you that you chose to fight for your family and overcame your fear of him. You also made sure of your safety in a situation like that. I am proud of my training." He said chuckling at last making me smile.

"Why didn't you call me?" He asked coming back to his protective brother mode. I assured him that I was safe and carried my licensed revolver with me.

"They are just scared bachha. They will come around." He said patting my head and I just nodded at him. Then something struck in my mind and I asked him the question I wanted to ask him earlier.

"Do you like Prisha Di?" I asked and he nodded scratching the back of his neck. Is my police brother blushing? I wanted to tease him but their earlier interaction seemed off to me and I asked him the same. 

He then explained to me how he rejected her proposal due to his fears and how she misunderstood him as Tanus' lover. I don't blame her though! It was this duffers' fault and that Tanu I hate her with passion.

"You should get clean with it Bhai," I said and he nodded at me. I think it's time for me to play Cupid! I and he made plans to get some alone time for both of them and came up with an idea.

I walked back into my room and the morning memories again flooded in. Are they so angry with me that they don't want to eat the food made by me? Why are all of them behaving like this? I know I went against their wish and threw myself in danger but I made sure of my safety too! They can scold me all they want but why are they ignoring me? Do they even know how it feels to be ignored by the most important people in your life just after you face your worst fear? Abhinav, was hugging me close to his chest while sleeping, he was wiping all my tears and Bhai was making sure that Abhigya or Abir stayed with me all the time, but why aren't they behaving normally with me? I want them back!  With that, I slumped down and started crying pulling my legs near to my chest.

 Are they so angry with me that they don't want to eat the food made by me? Why are all of them behaving like this? I know I went against their wish and threw myself in danger but I made sure of my safety too! They can scold me all they want but w...