50. Apologize to her!

Abhinav

Today when Isha made breakfast, I was about to eat it when Dad said he didn't want to eat it and asked for coffee. I and Ishaan had to follow him and say no to her making her sad. I saw tears rolling down her eyes. I fisted my hands and tried to maintain a hard face. 

Dadi sa scolded all of us and asked us to eat without throwing any tantrums but Isha was still staring at her plate blankly. Abir took a morsel and kept it near her mouth. She looked at him and he gestured for her to eat. She took the morsel with teary eyes and he wiped away her tears and started feeding her. Their bond is something I adore very much.

We had our breakfast and Isha went somewhere with Adithya after that. I too went to my study to finish reading some documents related to various charitable trusts our family was handling over the years. Someone snatched the file away from my hands and I saw Dadi glaring at me. She closed the file harshly and placed it on the table with a thud. I gulped looking at her anger-filled eyes.

"Sweety, leave my ear!" I heard Ishaan's whining and saw Sweety dragging him in by his ear. I laughed at him but a glare from Dadi was enough to make me shut. Soon, Mom dragged Dad in, and Papa, Chachu, and Dadu walked in with a tub of popcorn and were grinning ear to ear.

Dadi sat on the couch with one leg over the other and Abhigya and Mom sat on either side giving death glares to us. Papa, Chachu, and Dadu sat on the other grinning. What is happening here? 

"What the hell was that at the dining table?" Dadi asked in her infamous cold voice making me gulp. I looked at Dad and Ishaan was already looking at him with accusing eyes.

"I am asking something!" Dadi sa exclaimed and I muttered a sorry in almost inaudible voice before replying.

"We are angry at her for pulling that stunt, so.." I trailed off unable to find words. I looked at Dad and Ishaan hoping they would complete the sentence.

"So, we decided to avoid her and to make her realize her mistake so that she won't pull off such stunts again." Ishaan completed it for me. We waited for their reaction while three of them passed looks to each other and then Mom turned to us.

"Whose stupid idea is this?"  She asked in a dangerous tone that I never heard but looking at Ishaan I am sure we are in a problem now.

"Dad!" We both said at the same time and Dad gulped looking at Mom's angry glare. She stood up and walked to us in slow steps.

"He said and you both idiots followed him? And you, you boast about loving your daughter to the core, don't you? Is this your love towards her?" She yelled at the top of her voice and we three gulped but Dad seemed to be offended by what she said.

"You know how much I love her Maithili. And you are questioning my love for my Princess?" He asked in a Are you for real tone at which the three ladies scoffed.

"Yours is such a selfish love. And bhai, you, how can you leave her so comfortably when she is in sorrow?" Abhigya accused us that angered me. How can she say I left her when she was in sorrow?

"Don't, don't you dare question my love, Sweety. I came back running once I heard about her attack. I was not at peace until I saw her with my own eyes. My heart started beating only after I took her in my arms!" I roared making them flinch a little but they soon composed.

"And then?" Dadi asked and I stood there silently. She then looked at Dad and Ishaan who stood silently too.

"You three saved her, made sure she was fine and then left her just like that? You people didn't give a damn about her mental state after meeting her biggest trauma? Have you asked her how she was feeling? She needed you people most at that time and you people are busy planning how to make her understand what? I agree she went out despite your warnings but she was not careless. She had planned everything, didn't she? Why are you people hellbent on punishing her?" Dadi exclaimed and none of us had an answer to her questions. We were stuck with the fact that she kept her life in danger and overlooked all her plans and efforts to keep herself and Abhigya safe.

"Don't push her away so much that she stops trying. She is vulnerable now and if you people keep hurting her now, she may stop having expectations from you and may think you people would leave her in her vulnerable state. It is the time to show her how much you love her and support her." Mom explained.

"I don't want Bhabi maa to go through depression like me bhai sa. I knew you all loved me but still, it didn't stop me from feeling alone and Bhabi Maa is in the same situation now. She knows you people love her but if she feels neglected now, right after fighting her demons then she might slip into depression and I don't want my Maa to face all those!" Abhigya said with teary eyes and mom hugged her and kissed her forehead lovingly wiping off her tears. 

"We have said whatever we wanted to and now it's your turn to decide. Either apologize to her and make things right or keep up with your mindless act." Dadi sa declared and all of them walked away leaving three of us alone. 

"I think we should stop it now. I am going to her to apologize." I announced and took off walking with them behind me. I reached our chamber but she was not there. I checked almost the entire palace but she was nowhere. I tried calling her number but she was not picking up calls either.

"Where did she go?" Ishaan asked in a worry-laced tone and I stared blankly unable to figure out where she went. I saw a maid walking towards the theatre room with refreshments and then it struck me. She missed yesterday's match which is telecasting right now.

"Yesterday was the India vs Bangladesh match!" I yelled and both of them gave me a weird look.

"Is this important now?" Ishaan chided but soon realization hit him and he started running along with me. And as expected we heard her voice from inside cheering for her favorite Virat. I knocked on the door but it was locked. Abir opened the door and gave the three of us a sour look. Bhabi ka chamcha!

"What?" He asked in a bored tone. How dare he talk like that to me. I glared at him and he immediately yelled 'Bhabi maa!'

"What happened Abir?" We heard Isha from inside. He wriggled his eyebrows at us with a smirk playing on his lips. This little rascal! Isha is spoiling him too much.

"We want to meet her!" Ishaan said trying to walk in but he blocked his way.

"Bhabi maa is busy. You can meet her later." He said making us scoff. He is saying as if she is doing some great deal and can't be disturbed.

"That's not important. It can wait. Let us in," This time Dad spoke irritatedly. 

"Bhabi maa, someone is here to meet you. They are saying your match is not important!" He yelled and we gave him an unbelievable look. I didn't say anything like that! Why dad?

"Nothing is more important than my match right now. Ask them to come later." We heard her voice. She is saying that because she doesn't know I am here, right? Right! Why would she ignore me?

"Abir, enough of your games. Let us in," I let out irritated but he just shrugged and was about to close the door and I kept my leg in the middle and glared at him.

"Bhabi ma, what would you do if bhai sa or Ishaan bhai and your Dad tried to beat me?" Abir asked looking at us gulping. Good, he is scared.

"Then, I will not talk to them for a month. This cold war they started will last longer and we both will go for a tour away from them for a month." Came her immediate reply and his scared face lit up hearing her. Why does she need to support this idiot so much? And tour for a month, leaving me?

"You heard her, so come later. By the way, it's Virat Kohlis' batting now." He said closing the door on our faces.

"I regret the day I made her watch cricket," Dad said and we both gave him an accusing glare before walking away dejected. We avoided her for 2 days and her chamcha Devar is taking revenge for that.