45. It won't take long

Isha

I went into the temple and offered my prayers. I took Kumkum from Pandit Ji and applied it to my hairline. I spoke to him for some time and left after asking him to give Prashad to Daram and the remaining guards. I came out of the temple and got into the car waiting for me. The driver took my mobile and drove to the destination.

I got down from the car when we reached the godown and he tied my hands and literally dragged me in. I walked in and saw the man whom I never wanted to see in my life standing there with his hands in his pockets.

"Raman?" I called out and he turned around smiling like a creep. I could feel my heartbeat race seeing the demon of my life. But I have to be strong for my family, Abhigya, Abhinav, and most importantly for myself. 

"I am glad you still remember me, doll!" He said and tried to touch my cheeks but I squinted away from his reach, his endearment adding fuel to my burning anger. I loathe him with my everything. 

"Fiesty, I see!" He commented smiling in amusement. 

"Why did you call me here?" I came straight to the point. I managed not to stutter and show my weakness in front of him. 

"Well, I thought your good-for-nothing husband would leave you once my man accuses you of being behind his sisters' molestation and kidnapping but he didn't believe it and started getting closer to you. How can I let someone come close to you when you belong to me?" He asked in his sick tone making me cringe. But, wait, someone accused me and Nav didn't even inform me about it?

"Watch your mouth while talking about my husband and I belong only to him, no one else!" I roared and he looked quite pissed. Good, I don't care!

"You belong to me. ME!" He barked like a dog. What the hell is wrong with this man? What does he even eat that he's barking so much? There was a time when I used to get scared of his barking but now when I have to save my family from another scandal, all I feel is anger.

"That we will see. But why did you involve my sister-in-law in this?" I asked knowing very well that this man who was obsessed with me would answer every question of mine.

"I didn't involve her. It was that bitch Manjiri. It was her plan. I just paid the man in the custody to lie about your involvement." He said. At least we both agree on something that too Manjiri being a bitch.

"And those pics and videos?" I again enquired. Let us do some time pass before sending him to jail. But will he reach jail or will be killed in the middle? That I don't know.

"Oh, Manjiri sent me those and asked me to blackmail you to come out of the palace and even I want to take you away. So, I gladly took them." He replied. That snake! I will kill her one day.

"What if I say you can't move me an inch from here?" I asked in a challenging tone. He looked amused and smiled mockingly.

"You trust your husband too much doll! He is not here! Manjiri sent him away on purpose!" He said laughing like a maniac.

"But he still managed to save me from her men. And right now, I am not talking about my husband." I said and he frowned at my statement. Why does he think only sending Nav away would make me weak?

"1...2...3..." I counted and there he entered dressed in black-shirt and grey blazer and looking handsome as ever. He waved at me and I smiled at him.

"Sorry, Princess! A little traffic on the way." He said taking off his shades and engulfing me in a hug.

"That's okay, Dad!" I replied hugging him back. Obviously, my first hero, my dad is here. He has been protecting me since birth and this idiot forgot about my dad before trying to attack me, like seriously dude?