-five: cheerleader

⇢ ˗ˏˋ ❦ ࿐ྂ

desiree sat at a table, in a secluded place cutting up letters for her movie night sign.

it was a tradition at camp shallow lake, and because val was fixing up some choreography she was left to do the sign they usually did together.

"i love how seriously you always take movie nights." ej said coming over.

"maddox isn't the only one who appreciates camp traditions." desiree said.

ej say next to her, leaning over and sighing. she did a double take to him, decided to say something.

"are you still thinking about your dad's letter?" she asked.

ej had told her about the letter his father send, saying he didn't want ej to take a gap year and that he's sending him to the school he names after him self.

"my whole life, i've been burdened by what kind of man my dad is. he's a corporation with a heartbeat. but what if i could somehow harness that? and exploit it. show him that i'm a success while i'm here at camp." ej said.

"like direct a great show?" desiree said smiling. "well, he doesn't care about musicals, but television, that's a whole other arena. that's the big time."

"do i sound crazy? i might be goin' crazy right now." "hey, you have a girlfriend to have these kinds of talks with, dude. be a grown-up and tell gina that you're going through something with your dad."

"imagine if she sees us, i'm pretty sure she already doesn't like me."

"yeah if she isn't busy with someone else." ej muttered. "uh, incoming." desiree said, picking up her scissors and paper.

"there you are. i was just heading back to rehearsals." gina said.

ej stayed silent, and desiree kicked him under the table. "is everything okay?" gina asked.

"yeah, everything's perfect. come on. break's up, let's get back to the barn." ej said, and gina took his hand and started to walk.

ej turned around looking at desiree and she made a "what, don't look at me." face to him.

-

desiree stood outside with val with sweatpants and a tanktop, with a fluffy robe over it.

"welcome to movie night." she said as people came inside.

"hey, can I talk to you?" gina said to desiree. she started panicking, was she gonna attack her for being friends with ej? no way, it's not a rom-com.

"sure. yeah. let's do it." desiree said as the two stepped to the side. "so, i wanted to ask... listen, you should know..." they both said at the same time.

"you first." desiree said. "i know you already picked out tonight's movie, but is there any way we could watch camp rock instead?"

"like, as a favor for someone who i think really needs it? it's her favorite movie."

"this is about the screening?" desiree asked. "yeah." gina responded.

"of course. camp rock it is." "thank you. i... seriously, i owe you one."

"hey, gina, this is none of my business, but... you're a good friend. and girlfriend. i can tell.@ desiree said before gina left.

"did ej say something? 'cause i've never done the girlfriend thing before, so i couldn't tell if it was something off with him, or if it's me, and if he said something..."

"he didn't have to. i can tell. you're good people." desiree said. gina smiled at her, and then went inside.

desiree saw that val had gone inside, and nobody else was coming so she went to close the door.

"this isn't complicated at all." she muttered taking that door stopper off and getting ready to head inside.

as she looked up from moving the door stopper she stopped jet in front of her with his hands in her pocket. "the prodigal son returns." she said closing the door.

"you know, corbin and his doc crew were actually considering making you the tortured protagonist of the documentary."

"it's okay, i really don't feel like talking. i just wanted to grab somethin' to eat." jet said.

"we were all really worried about you. ej, ricky. and i've never seen maddox so upset."

"well, i'm back now. everyone can stop crying." desiree scoffed, walking towards the self absorbed boy.

"you ditched your cast mates during a really important rehearsal. ej had to sing love is an open door."

"sounds like i'm pretty replaceable." "so prove you're not."

"you know i casted you jet? val didn't even want to take you into consideration because you just walked into the barn and it seemed as though you didn't care." desiree started.

"but, you're talented. and i couldn't let that go to waste. i convinced her to give you a good role in the show. and you got the second male lead."

"the least you could do it show up, it made me feel like an idiot. and she doesn't even fully trust me since this is my first time casting the show."

"jet i know why you're here, and i know you also don't want to be here. but if you need a reason, like me be one. i believe in you, and that you really have a talent. it might sound a bit weird but, i'm your biggest cheerleader and genuinely think you can make this frozen thing work." desiree said going inside of the barn, to enjoy the already started movie.