-twenty: just wanna be with you

⇢ ˗ˏˋ ❦ ࿐ྂ

"today was the definition of boring." desiree said as she sat on maddox's bed.

"ehh, i don't think so. i enjoyed yelling at everyone." maddox said.

"i love high school musical, like more than i love myself. but being a..what's it called?" desiree said.

"background?"

"yea that. that's not fun. i've never been in the background, and i hope i never am after this. it's not good for my skin." desiree said.

"of course it isn't." maddox sighed. "i can't believe you didn't tell me you were coming here." desiree said.

"well i didn't know you were coming here, so i didn't feel like i had to tell you, sorry des." maddox said.

"it's alright, i just would've liked a warning from ricky about jet. i didn't expect to see him this soon, it's only been a month since..yeah. maybe ricky forgot."

"yeah sure." maddox laughed. desiree turned to her, confused painted on her face.

"come on des, you know ricky is the biggest jesiree supporter." maddox.

"goodnight maddox." desiree said getting up and going to the guest room of the house maddox and her family moved too.

according to her friend, jet wasn't doing well in his new school after he was expelled before summer, so when maddox told them about the situation they just packed up and moved.

to desiree it makes no sense, the moving process was super long.  but then again, what maddox says goes.

desiree walked on her phone to the bedroom, not paying attention.

then she remembered she left her scrunchie in the bathroom, and would need that to tie her hair up.

"ugh my legs hurt." she said as she turned around and went the other way.

desiree opened the door, not seeing the light on. she walked in, looking up to get her scrunchie and she saw jet.

"oh shoot i'm sorry." she said awkwardly. "it's okay." jet said as he washed his face.

"just came to get my scrunchie.." desiree said walking over to the sink and grabbing it quickly.

"cool." jet said chuckling nervously. "well uh..good day. yeah." desiree said doing finger guns and leaving.

as she closed the door, desiree leaned against it. "good day? finger guns!" she whisper yelled.

"i hope i fall into poison ivy in the morning." desiree said walking swiftly to the room.

-

the next day, and the first full rehearsal was really fun for desiree.

unfortunately gina was occupied with shooting so they were almost a full cast.

"jet, and desiree." ms. jenn said flipping through her script.

"do me a big favor, can you sing just want to be with you together? i just want to get an idea of the chords with your voices and since gina isn't here i'll have the second couple do it."

"but jet and i's voices are way different that ricky and gina's?" desiree said.

"still do it." ms jenn said pretty demanding. "yes ma'am." desiree said getting up.

desiree and jet went to the piano, where the song starts in the movie.

"and i need chemistry children. this is a very romantic song.

"don't worry ms. jenn you chose the right duo for this then." ricky said, winking at jet.

desiree had no idea what jet, ricky, and ms. jenn were trying to do but it was not happening.

well ricky and ms. jenn because jet looked equally confused by everything as desiree did.

"okay, and begin."

jet started to play the chorus of the song, humming.

"i got a lot of things, i have to do. all these distractions. our futures coming soon." jet sang as he played.

"we're being pulled.."

"a hundred directions." they both sang. "but whatever happens."

"i know i got you." they harmonized. jet smiled at desiree and the tempo sped up.

"you're in my kind your in my heart, it doesn't matter where we are. we'll be alright, even if we're miles apart." desiree and jet both sang, then they got off the piano as ashlyn took over.

"all i wanna do, is be with you, be with you." they sang, and walking onto the makeshift stage.

"there's nothing we can't do, i just wanna be with you. only you." they both sat at the edge of the stage.

"no matter where like takes us, nothing can break us apart." they sang as jet wrapped his arm around desiree's shoulders.

"you know it's true."

"i just wanna be with you." they sang turning towards each other.

the instrumental played on the piano as desiree vocalized, and her and jet walked over to the circle of chairs that was in the middle.

they both stood on either sides, leaning on a chair. "you know how life can be, it changes overnight." jet sang.

"sunny then raining, but it's alright." they sang together as desiree walked up to the stage.

"a friend like you!" the belted pointing at jet. "always makes it easy." they harmonized again.

"i know that you get me." jet sang walking to the stage.

"everytime." they sang, and jet pulled desiree towards him swiftly.

desiree was shocked, she didn't expect him to do that.

she knew they were just acting romantic because ms. jenn told them too but, it seemed way too natural for her liking.

"through every up, through every down. i know you'll always be around." desiree made a rope motion, pretending she was pulling jet towards her.

"through everything you can count on me." desiree and jet sang, jet caressing desiree's face once they were close.

"all i wanna do, is be with you, be with you." the duo sang again, moving to opposite sides of the stage.

"there's nothing we can't do, i just wanna be with you. only you."

"no matter where like takes us, nothing can break us apart."  desiree and jet moved closer to each other at each beat, just how gabriella and troy did in the movie.

"you know it's true."

"i just wanna be with you." they sang turning to each other smiling.

the melody got slower, "i just wanna be with..you." they sang, right in front of each other.

the entire room erupted in cheers, ms.jenn and ricky high fiving.

"i need to use the bathroom."

"i need water."

desiree and jet got off the stage walking away from each other.

"you guys are both going the wrong way!" kourtney yelled out.

they turned back, crossing each other and leaving the rehearsal room.

nayah speaks !!

TEAAAAAA