-fourteen: pre show problems

⇢ ˗ˏˋ ❦ ࿐ྂ

"-not alone." desiree heard someone sing as she walked into the cabin.

"oh...sorry. i didn't think anyone would be here. did you want me to-"

"no it's okay, you're fine, no." kourt said rubbing her hands on her pants.

"what was that song?" desiree asked as she went over to her bunk.

"it's kind of like a prayer i sing...when i can't breathe."

"you can't breathe but you can sing?" desiree said as a joke. "music is magic."

kourtney's voice wavered, and desiree started to walk towards her.

"kourtney, is there something going on?" desiree asked as she sat.

"okay i'm worried about tomorrow. i completely dropped ej's line prompt tonight. what if i choke-"

"kourt."

"look, it-it happened at the climbing wall and it's happened 1000 times before, so i was actually thinking about asking you if you would-"

"absolutely not."

"you know all of elsa's lines, and hey you're the set main character, everyone talks about you."

"hey kourt. i know you don't know me or anything, but do you maybe have anxiety, cause i have it and-"

"you have anxiety. desiree, there's no way you have anxiety." kourt said.

"i do, it's always a shock to everyone." desiree nodded.

"to answer your question, yes i do. and i just feel like it's hard for me to do this with it. and you do lead roles all the time, how do you do that." kourt said.

"i don't know. maybe i just love acting and performing for people so much that i kinda forget about it, like it balances it out?"

"desiree are you just saying you have anxiety to make me feel better? cause you're always talking to us as a group, a leader, confronting us, you're just so good at everything."

"no kourt i really do. it's known that once you find something you really can enjoy your anxiety can calm down for some time. and i've been going to the camp for a while, it's like when i get here i'm just okay."

"and i know you will be okay. i barely know you but, you're talented as ever kourt. it shocked me to know this is your first lead role, you deserve to be on broadway one day." desiree said grabbing kourt's hands.

suddenly maddox and ashlyn came in, "sorry i thought this was gonna be empty." maddox said.

"we can leave." desiree said. "no,no it's okay. uh actually i just said goodbye to somebody that i wasn't expecting to even say hello to tonight so i'm a little upside down." maddox said.

"she was glowing, so we're you." ashlyn said smiling.

"don't mind us, just talking about deep fears over here." desiree said

"is this about the climbing wall?" maddox asked. "and all it stands for? yes." kourt said.

"and maddox, if you don't mind does desiree actually have you know.."

"have what?"

"kourt you can say it to her." desiree said. "does she actually have anxiety?"

"yup, she might seem fierce but she does. when she first got here i think she was more timid than all of the newbies combined. the longer she was here the more open and daring she got, hence the harnessless climbing." maddox said.