-thirty eight: its not the end

⇢ ˗ˏˋ ❦ ࿐ྂ

ricky looked back at her, love obviously in his eyes. "hi, everybody." gina said.

"maybe everyone should sit down for this." ms. jenn said, and everyone sat on the risers, ricky coming over.

"i...oh, gosh. i have so much i wanna say to you guys, but the makeup people told me not to cry before this press conference." gina started.

"uh...okay."

"i got cast in quinn's next movie, and i'm getting in a limo and going to fly to new zealand in about 20 minutes." she said.

"uh, i'm sorry, i know new zealand is a sore subject for you after six below zero." she said to mr. mazzara.

"it..hurts less now." mr: mazzara said. "and i just wanna say...i had no idea who i was, not really, until i met you guys. i was, like, 20 different people before east high, and now i'm just...i'm just gina." gina said, her voice breaking.

"and now i'm supposed to leave for a really long time because i'm juliet in this $100 million romeo and juliet movie. it's based on a play."

everyone muttered and murmured, "this is amazing gina!" kourtney said. "you deserve this, like bad." desiree said after.

"so, i'm not gonna call this goodbye, but... ashlyn..."

gina sniffled, "you have taught me that my identity is allowed to keep growing. that i'm the only person who gets to define who i am."

"and kourtney... elsa." gina laughed. "you are the most courageous person i know. i used to think that strength came from being fearless, but i've realized that it comes from overcoming fear, not the absence of it."

gina and kourt wiped tears, "and you are the best fashionista ever." everyone laughed, and so did kourt.

"and, carlos, you are the funniest person i've ever met." they all laughed again, "and, it has been the biggest pleasure of my life, being your co-choreographer. and no matter what happens tomorrow, or the day after that, we just keep on dancing."

"and, sebi, you're like an angel. i think if a dog were in human form, it would be you. the way you see the world is just so pure, and i really wish the world were as pure as you see it." gina shed a few tears, as people laughed and agreed with everything she was saying.

"and, big red, welcome back from the egypt! or wherever you were." gina laughed, and so did everyone else.

"i love the way you unconditionally love people, and the way you've always been there for ricky. and i aspire to have such a beautiful and big heart like yours."

"and, jet, i think if anyone can give me a run for my money when it comes to the intimidation thing, it's probably you." gina joked.

"but i've learned that you are actually a really big softie. and if you don't ask desiree out before she, you know, graduates..."

everyone laughed again, jet covering his face. gina covered her face, laughing, "uhh, you're losing!"

"well uh..." jet said, holding up his and desiree's interlocked hands.

"aww!" gina said jumping up and down slightly as everyone looked over.

"speaking of my desiree, gosh, i am so sorry for how i treated you this summer. i was so mean, and rude, and especially when i got mad at you for no reason, which was everytime! i just wish u didn't because you are such a great person and friend, and i love your advice, and how you easily can cheer people up. i love how you're just you, and you don't care what people think! and you have been the bestest best friend to me in the musical, and out." gina sobbed, and desiree put her head on jet's shoulder, tears falling.

"and, emmy, it has been such an honor getting to see you grow. i feel like you're my little sister, and i can't wait to see you take over the world. but bring me along with you, please."

emmy nodded, some people chuckling. "and, ej, you have taught me so much about myself. i am so thankful for all of our time together. and, yes, i do not get things right the first time, but thank goodness we can laugh about that now."

"and, miss jenn...i'm not gonna lie, i was super pissed at you for not casting me as gabriella last year, when i first got here." gina said and everyone in the room laughed once again.

"but you have shown me that it's not about being a star. it's about creating something you love with the people you love. and my mom wasn't here last semester, but you were."

"you have been so much more than a teacher to me, to all of us. and i don't think i'll ever be able to explain to you how much that has meant." gina said crying.

"oh this one's gonna kill me...ricky."

"when i first got here, i tried really hard to act like i didn't care what anyone thought of me. but i actually care so much."

"i've always been so scared that if people really know me, they won't like what they see. and partially because i didn't really know me, but also the parts i did see, i didn't know if i really liked, either."

"but with you, i feel so seen. and so understood. and so known."

gina sobbed, and ricky got up and went to hug her. "it's okay. it's okay." he whispered.

"gina, we... wow." maddox said running into the room.

"um, we need you in the auditorium." she said.

"wait, maddox, are you..." ashlyn said standing up. "i am. i'm supposed to do the movie, too. and i didn't... um... god, i'm so sorry. i didn't know how to tell you after... you know." maddox said.

ashlyn sat back down crying even more, and desiree turned to give her a sympathetic smile.

a person ran in, fixing gina's makeup. "i'm so sorry, i'm such a mess. i said too much. does anyone else wanna say something?"

"you and mack are gonna be late for your flight." maddox said.

"gina. never forget, tonight or any night. you can take the girl out of salt lake, but you can't take salt lake out of the girl." ms. jenn said standing up.

gina nodded, and then her, maddox, and the guy all ran out.

"are we... are we still doing a musical next semester?" emmy asked.

"uh... well..."

ej walked to ricky, and ricky turned to ej. "dude what do i do? i didn't... i didn't say, "i love you.""

ricky sighed, rubbing his face. "where's that electric guitar?" ej said.