-thirty: onstage & dilemmas

⇢ ˗ˏˋ ❦ ࿐ྂ

desiree was sitting down backstage, and kourtney and and carlos walked over to her.

they were about to do the first big group scene, after kelsi put everyone's names down for the spring musical and when they are all going to the auditorium.

"hey! are you okay?" kourtney said as she and carlos stopped in front of desiree.

"okay. i have good news and bad news. the good news is i was accepted to yale, howard, and city college!"

desiree squeeled in excitement, "des, that's bonkers!" carlos said excitedly. "are we gonna hug or..." kourt started.

"briefly." desiree said, and they all hugged quickly.

"the bad news is they both have really big orientation events this upcoming break, which means i basically have to decide which college i'm going to tonight." desiree said, sighing rubbing her head.

"oh, honey, that's a lot." kourt said. "it is a lot." desiree said, and looked nervously at the stage.

"sometimes, when i was allowed to pick out candy as a kid, i would get really nervous because i couldn't decide and my mom would say, "carlos, there are no bad choices." and that kind of unlocked it." carlos said.

"cool story. what does that have to do with anything?" desiree said smiling but not really.

"he means, there are no bad choices, des." kourt said.

"yeah, it's good & plenty, sour patch, or skittles. they're all good." carlos said.

"and uh, incoming." kourtney whispered, and her and carlos walked away talking.

"what..guys-"

"hey, des. what's good?" jet said, walking to desiree.

"oh, just got a couple things on my mind, jet." desiree said, looking on stage at the cue scene.

"wait. do you get stage fright?" he said, moving so he met her face to face.

"something.. like that." desiree sighed. "i'm sorry. that's just really hard for me to understand." jet said, laughing.

"why?.."

"because..." jet started and then he sighed, "look, you're the bravest girl in the world. you have been on stage for years, and you climbed a rock wall without a harness, remember that? you stood up for kourtney at the show last year. it feels like the stage should be afraid of you." jet said.

desiree looked at her confused but happy, "thank you." she said.

"have you seen seb back here?" carlos said walking back to desiree.

"um, not recently." desiree responded, still looking at jet who walked away.

"why?" she said, her focus now on calos. "no big deal. we're just playing a little game where we're in an afterschool coming out special from the 1980s." carlos said.

"you ready? big scene?" carlos said. "nope." deairee sighed.

the audience cheered as the scene ended, and all the cast members needed for the scene were ready.

the students walked on stage, chattering and talking to kelsi about why she put their names on the sign up sheet.

"i'll be retaking my finals two or three times. i'm moving into the library." jason said.

"i'm working on my truck everyday after school" troy complained.

"i've got five recipes for my family science final." zeke said.