-twenty three: college

y'all are so lucky im updating on my birthday, this should be illegal. i think y'all should comment tho

also this chapter is prob the most hsmtmts chapter, you'll see

⇢ ˗ˏˋ ❦ ࿐ྂ

"and then we almost kissed and- are you even listening?" maddox said as she sat on desiree's bean bag.

"mhm." desiree said, obviously not paying attention.

"so what did i just say?" maddox asked. "so what did i just say."

"desiree!" maddox said throwing a stuffed animal at her best friend.

"i'm sorry okay. i was up all night writing this essay, and guess what. it's terrible!" desiree said.

"i'm only applying to 3 colleges now, yale, the city college here, and howard." desiree said.

"the yale one was easy, i submitted my application last night, but this howard essay is making me go inside. early applications end today."

"des, i'm sure you'll get it. you're the smartest person i know. i'll leave you to it." maddox said getting up and leaving.

"cool."

desiree went back to looking at her computer, deleting her entire essay.

she flopped on her bed, "i might as well give up the dream." she muttered to herself.

eventually desiree fell asleep without knowing, and woke up..in a dream.

the instrumental of scream from high school musical 3 started to play, desiree walking and passing by yale, howard, and salt lake city college.

the instrumental got louder, and it made desiree's head feel like she was about to explode.

she covered her ears crouching down, running inside of yale.

"voices in my head tell me they know best, got me on the edge they're pushin', pushin', they're pushin'." desiree sang as she walked through yale's halls.

"i know they've got a plan, but the ball's in my hands, this time, it's man to man i'm drivin', fightin' inside a."

the halls started to spin, and desiree dropped down so she wouldn't fall, "world that's upside down." was heard in the air and desiree looked around.

"and spinnin' faster, what do i do now, without you?" desiree sang.

"i don't know where to go, what's the right team." desiree sang, running around, pushing papers and stuff off of desks.

"i want my own thing, so bad i'm gonna scream!"

"i can't choose, so confused, what's it all mean?" desiree said looking at a banner of herself in the future graduating from yale.

"i want my own dream, so bad i'm gonna scream!" a bunch of mummy like people started to chase her, saying stuff.

"choose yale."

"yale is fun"

"the theatre program is great."

"you can play soccer here."

desiree ran out of yale, leaving the people inside and running into howard.

"i'm kickin' down the walls, i said i gotta make 'em fall!" desiree looked in each classroom, peaking in.

"just break through 'em all i'm punchin', crashin',"

"i'm gonna fight to find myself, me and no one else!" desiree sang, running up the nearby stairs and leaning over the balcony.