-eighteen: taylor mckessie

⇢ ˗ˏˋ ❦ ࿐ྂ

desiree sat at her desk, tapping her pen unusually rapidly.

she was applying to colleges, and had so many things to fill out, and letters of recommendations to ask.

the thing was, she had a bunch of colleges she wanted to apply for and it was practically eating her alive.

her computer was open, a blank word document shining on her face.

desiree was applying to 6 colleges, in case the one she wanted didn't accept her.

she was only really going for her dream college, howard university.

she's dreamed of going there since she was 6 years old, and she first heard about it.

but she never thought it would be the day she's 18, and getting ready to apply there and many others.

desiree switched to the howard tab that held the prompt she was supposed to be writing about in her essay.

"the lessons we take from obstacles we encounter can be fundamental to later success. recount a time when you faced a challenge, setback, or failure. how did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?" she whispered to herself, going back to the word tab.

she started typing, "when i was.."

deleted that.

"i go to camp.."

deleted.

desiree sighed, sitting back in her desk chair shaking her head.

she couldn't even call maddox because she was on a plane somewhere, and weirdly desiree didn't ask where.

she couldn't call jet..for very obvious reasons. and he was also on that plane so..

desiree stared at the ceiling, stressed and wanting to go to bed.

"i'm so done." desiree said closing her computer and going to her bed.

she picked up her phone which was on do not disturb so she got no distractions, and saw 5 missed call for ricky.

desiree told the campers to call her only in case of emergency, so she was very shocked to see that many missed calls.

she quickly called him back, worried if anything happened.

"des, hey. gosh i'm so glad you answered." ricky said when he picked up the phone.

"is everything alright, remember only in case of emergency." desiree said.

"yes and no to that? and it is an emergency." ricky said.

"alright, shoot."

"so..we're doing high school musical 3 for our musical this year, and uh..also high school musical 4: the reunion is being shot here, so like a lot of people left the program to be extras..."

"so?"

"we don't have enough..people for every role. i've done some stuff, got a few things covered. but..we're missing a taylor mckessie nitro, and i know you haven't been on the stage for over a year but, i think the stage misses you." ricky said.

desiree sighed, "ricky, i'm dealing with college applications right now, i just don't know if i can just get and transfer.."

"it's not a hard process coming to east high i promise, we just really need you des. i'm serious." ricky said.

desiree heard the desperation in his voice, and how badly he wanted desiree to say yes.

"look, no promises. i'll talk things over with my mom and my step dad, then i'll get back to you. no promises." desiree said.

ricky laughed, "thank you nitro, seriously. you're a life saver."

"i know." desiree said hanging up on ricky and laying flat in her bed.