-twenty four: awkward

what should be the name of my grwm tiktok acc guys...

⇢ ˗ˏˋ ❦ ࿐ྂ

desiree woke up, rolling around on her side. she rolled again, expecting to meet more of her bed.

instead she hit something hard, and sat up to see what she had hit.

"jet?" she said rather loudly, covering her mouth to not wake him up.

she then remembered it was the next day, the day that howard wasn't accepting any more applications.

"shoot." desiree said opening up her computer on her bed.

and to her relief it showed her application was sent, meaning jet's plan actually worked and they were able to submit her essay in time.

desiree sighed, a smile on her face as she turned back to jet who was sound asleep.

suddenly desiree turned back to her computer looking at the time, and her jaw dropped.

"jet you have to wake up, it's 8:20." desiree said shaking jet.

he got up slowly groaning, "i'm sick mom." he said his eyes still closed.

"it's desiree, wake up." desiree said poking his cheeks.

"shoot." jet said sitting up. "and i'm not in my bed, great."

"it's 8:20, our rehearsals start at 8:15." desiree said.

"we have to go we're late!" she said going in her closet and immediately looking for clothes.

jet lay on the bed, closing his eyes again. "dude, we're late. get ready!"

"yes ma'am!"

20 very quick minutes later, desiree and jet arrive at east high school, sprinting to the rehearsal room.

"we're here!" jet said as he walked into the room first, desiree following him.

"together?" kourtney said, as she looked at carlos. "we were up late last night, and....maddox is here?" desiree said.

"why didn't you wake us up?" desiree said to her friend.

"well i didn't want to interrupt you guys." maddox said taking her phone out her pocket.

"interrupt us?" jet said equally confused as desiree.

maddox showed her phone to jet and desiree, and everyone crowded to see the photo that showed them laying in desiree's bed together with jet's arm around desiree as she lay on his chest.

"look at my favorite couple." ricky said punching jet's shoulder.

desiree and jet looked at each other and then walked away from the crowd, sitting on opposite sides.

"it was college stuff, nothing else." desiree said, as she put her bag down.

-

at the end of their rehearsal everyone had dispersed, going to do whatever and jet and desiree were both the last ones.

"you wanna fix up the harmonies for just want to be with you?" jet said as he walked over the piano in the rehearsal room.

"sure, let's make it quick though val and i are gonna facetime later." desiree said packing up her bookbag.

jet nodded, practicing the chords for the song. "it's gonna be a bit slow, just so we can get everything right, is that okay?" jet said.

"you're the pianist jet. you do whatever." desiree sat next him on the bench.

"okay, uh. i'll start with the middle of verse 1." jet said.

he started to play the melody but a bit slower, and then the part began.

"you're on my mind, you're in my heart, it doesn't matter where we are we'll be alright." they sang together, slowly.

"even if we're miles apart." jet sang. "all i wanna do, is be with you, be with you."

"there's nothing we can't do i just wanna be with you, only you." jet looked at desiree as they sang, while she looked down at the piano.

"no matter where life takes us nothing can break us apart."

"you know it's true." desiree said moving closer to jet on the bench.

"i just wanna be with you." desiree and jet sang, making eye contact with each other.

jet stopped playing, and they both intensely looked at each other.

he hesitatanly reached for her face, and was shocked desiree left his hand there.

the tension was so thick that someone could immediately come and slice it with a knife as it was a large cake.

they both started to lean in, already being close as ever.

"is my script in-" kourtney said, opening the door. jet and desiree pulled away quickly, sitting awkwardly on the bench together.

"shoot i'm sorry, did i interrupt anything?" she said, walking in and looking for her script.

"no, you didn't." jet said, as he pressed random keys on the piano.

"hey there it is." kourtney said finding her script under a chair.

"well have fun." kourtney said hitting her hand with her script.

"bye kourt." desiree said, and kourtney waved awkwardly as she left.

once she left desiree got up, going to get her bag. "tell maddox not to wait up for me tonight, i'll jet-get back late." she said.

"okay i will." jet said. desiree then left, and jet let out a loud breath, because what the heck just happened.

desiree had the same thought going through her head as she walked out of the school, passing some teachers.

she immediately dialed val's number, calling her. jet did the same thing, dialing ricky's number.

"i got to tell you something."

"it's about jet."

"it's about desiree."

nayah speaks !!

gosh the tension

DONT FORGET TO ANSWER MY QUESTION ABOVEEE