28

'Cause I do it for the thrill, for the rush
I do it for the pain, for your touch
Will I OD when it's too much?
If I survive, baby, you're the one
You're the one.'

"You sing whilst on a treadmill? Has anyone ever called you an over achiever?"I rolled my eyes at Damon before I slid my headphones to my neck and stopped the treadmill.

"I call it being a triple threat."I muttered as I grabbed my towel and began to wipe my face before I strangely looked at his casual attire.

"You aren't wearing your gym clothes so what are you doing here?"I asked as I continued to dab the towel along my neck and stepped off the treadmill.

"Coach asked me and JR to host a potential top baseball recruit."he explained making me jokingly look around the gym.

"You lost him already?"I joked making him kiss his teeth as I slipped on my wrist brace.

"No' he just got here and where is your boyfriend anyway?"Damon asked as I stuffed his hand into his pocket making me squint at him suspiciously.

"Uh-oh. You are mad at each other. What is the tea this time?"I asked as I wrapped my towel around my neck before crossing my arms.

"He just seems mad at me these days, the usual. What's up with you?"he asked as he gestured towards my wrist making me roll my eyes at my wrist brace.

"I sprained my wrist and so coach banned me from the gymnastics gym for the next 6 weeks. She literally had it padlocked and everything."I replied as I rolled my eyes at Coach Cynthia's measures of getting me to stop going to the gymnastics gym making Damon chuckle.

"Hey baby."JR greeted as he jogged into the gym and pecked my lips a couple of time.

"Hi baby. I need to go take a shower. Enjoy your day hosting."I sarcastically said whilst giggling making him playfully roll his eyes.

As I went to go grab my duffle bag Coach Marcus came out with the kid JR and Damon had to host. When I made my way out I was stopped by that very kid making me look up at him oddly.

"Hey, hey you're Imani James. You are even hotter in person."he flirtatiously muttered as he looked down at me with a smirk making me look up in disbelief before I let out a giggle.

"Uh. Its good to meet you, aren't you like 17?"I sarcastically asked as I shook his hand making him turn my hand to kiss my hand but I quickly pulled my hand away.

"Yeah but being young doesn't mean a thing."

"Not if you want me to have a criminal record over dating a minor."I pointed out as I looked at him with a frown.

"Jail is just a room."he joked making me look up at him with a small frown obviously not impressed.

"Uh, enjoy Bringston."I simply replied before I walked off to my dorm to fetch my toiletry bag so I could go take a shower to scrub off all the sweat.

"Imani!"

I stopped in my tracks and looked behind me to see Kaisa walking towards me with a small smile on her face making me smile at her before giving her a small wave.

"Hi Kai. I haven't seen you in a while. You okay?"I asked as I gave her a small smile and waited for her.

Kai went MIA for a good 2 weeks. I had not seen her during any lectures nor had I seen her around the campus so seeing her right now was a relief.

"I'm good. My uncle flew me back home because he wanted me to spend sometime with the family after the whole bomb threat."She explained making me nod my head.