Prelude 2 : Revelations

Gulf would be lying if he said he wasn't interested.

Well, it would be a straight lie if he said he didn't intentionally bump the guy either. Of course, he did. He saw him walk past airport security and he couldn't look away ever since.

And how could he? The man was perfection personified and it would be a sin not to worship the very ground he'd walked on - not that he would, at least not in the literal sense of the word, but he might have already considered it in his head, many times before the man even turned his way - an exaggeration on his part maybe, but who would beg to disagree anyway?

No one would. They were all busy ogling the man, wishing they were in his place. Maybe this was his lucky day, and it was looking up to be even better despite the fact that it started really shitty.

Gulf took one look at this man and his insides clenched deliciously in answer. His posture, his stride, the way he'd carried himself confidently was sexy as hell, making Gulf hot and hard just by simply watching him.

It was an odd thing though, because he normally didn't pay attention to people. For one, he couldn't afford the luxury of getting too attached to someone when he knew he couldn't stay for long.

He'd had his fair share of flings in between working a job or two, but this - this was something new. He saw him and immediately, the acute feeling of possessiveness washed over him, prompting him to do something about it. Stop the man from walking away without knowing he was there, without letting him know he was game if he was.

Something about the man screamed authority. His gait, his presence. The way he'd caught people's interest as he passed them by. The way he'd kept talking on the phone as he navigated the crowded walkways without bumping into anyone even once, barely even paying attention to his surroundings as his guards followed him around like shadows.

Gulf really couldn't look away if he tried. It was just impossible.

The look the other man gave him after his very deliberate attempt to get his attention made the hairs at the back of his neck stand on end. It was a sensation he'd never felt before. So new and yet it was equally terrifying.

The man terrified him as much as he excited him.

"I don't really, um, drink coffee," he admitted lowly as they stood side by side in front of the counter, perusing the menu before them. The other man hadn't left his side since he said yes to the invitation, staying close with a hand at the small of Gulf's back as if he was afraid he would run away the first chance he got.

As if he would even consider it despite the tremor buzzing under his skin caused by their proximity. His instincts were telling him this man was as dangerous as he was alluring, and yet something about his touch was oddly comforting, familiar in a way he couldn't comprehend.

He shivered at the brief contact, conflicted in a way he hadn't been before. Because he knew he wasn't just imagining it. The power the man was trying his hardest to conceal only made it all the more obvious.

This man wasn't human, nor was he a vampire. But Gulf was certain he wasn't a demon either. Someone Gulf hadn't encountered before.

A powerful being and yet he was looking at Gulf as if he was a delicate thing, vulnerable and breakable that he should be careful with.

"Um," he shook himself out of daze, his anxiety taking a backseat the second the man looked his way again and gave him a thorough once-over.

Gulf felt that strange pull again, mesmerized as he gazed back into those eyes just because he couldn't help it.

The man, Mew - he'd introduced himself earlier, his name and even handing over his business card for Gulf to check - chuckled, and Gulf was drawn to the sight of that sexy smile, the way his lips curled into a lopsided grin as he searched Gulf's face.