Part 10 : Who we are

He knew he was dreaming, but it was difficult to tell the difference when he felt as though he was physically there, in his dream, living the moment and equally dreading it.

And it didn't help that he was struggling to make sense of it all. Watching the scenes unfold in front of him and wondering why he had this nagging feeling that he'd seen these all before. A feeling of deja vu washing over him as he stood there watching from a distance, his heart thudding hard in his chest at the thought that he knew what would happen next.

He saw her walk past him like she knew he'd be there, her eyes saying everything her lips couldn't. He couldn't recognize the time and the place, nor her face, but he knew exactly who the man was even without seeing his face clearly.

It was the sentinel, the angel he'd made love to just hours before. His angel.

His P'Mew.

In this dream, P'Mew's hair was long and his clothes were oddly vintage. His skin glowed under the moonlight as she swayed past him, hunger evident in his eyes. The desire in those eyes were unmistakable and Gulf felt a sudden rush of jealousy flowing through his veins as he watched his dream-Mew followed her footsteps like he didn't even realize he was doing it, catching the sight of her as she rounded the darklit corner and waited for him there.

She caught him by the wrist when he got there, her lips parted slightly as she called his name.

This dream-Mew struggled to pull away but she was quicker, pressing up against him like she knew he couldn't resist. Gulf whined under his breath, his chest heaving in combined jealousy and rage.

"My love, please don't do this." P'Mew was saying, breathing the words against her hair like a caress. Gulf could hear the agony in his voice, his weakening resolve when she tilted up and pressed her sinful lips against his own. Her tongue swiped teasingly across this dream-Mew's bottom lip, humming softly and doing it again.

Dream-Mew groaned roughly and held her back by her shoulders. "You know how weak I am for you and yet you still flaunt yourself around me like this, making me crave for you when you know I can't have you. Why must you do this, Kana? Why must you tempt me like this?" the angel's question fell on deaf ears because then she was boldly reaching down between their bodies, rolling her palm over dream-Mew's erection tenting his trousers with purpose.

"You want me," she was speaking against the angel's lips, swaying her sinful hips and making him feel her desire for him. She took his hand and lifted her skirt, guiding his hand where she wanted it and arching back into the angel's touch when his fingers found her, already wet and slicked and ready for him. "You will always want me, angel. Always."

And then somehow, she was turning her eyes away from dream-Mew for a split second to face him, and mouthing, "He's mine. He's always been mine, Kanawut. Only mine." and Gulf knew she was speaking to him this time.

The angel's voice was gruff where he pressed his lips against the crown of her head to breathe her in, and she smiled, wicked and teasing, as if she knew Gulf was watching.

"Kana."

Gulf was thrashing from the bed, shaking. "No, get away from him! No! Don't touch her, Phi! Don't do it, P'Mew, don't!" he was yelling on top of his lungs, watching in horror as his dream-Mew pushed her further against the darkened wall and kissed her.

"Gulf, baby, hey! Wake up, wake up, I'm here, baby you have to wake up. Gulf!" the sentinel's agitated voice was what shook him awake, jerking up from the bed and wheezing, his arms going around the angel's shoulders before he realized he was doing it.