Part 4 : Temptation

Mew watched Gulf pacing around the living room, enticed and equal-parts thrilled at the sight. He couldn't exactly read what the other man was thinking, but he could sense the agitation in Gulf's movements, the confusion that marred his forehead as he paced around without saying anything.

And it was different from the expression Gulf was wearing the first time Mew revealed his true form in front of the younger man. This one was layered with something else on top of the frustration he'd sensed on Gulf the first time he was allowed to kiss him, and Mew honestly didn't know what to make of it.

To be fair, it wasn't like he had planned to keep this a secret. How could he, when he was certain Gulf would have found out about it eventually? He had a feeling Gulf knew he wasn't entirely human when their eyes met at the airport earlier, when his actions revealed so much more than he'd intended to show in his attempt to chase the younger man.

When Gulf stopped and pivoted around to face him again, Mew felt more than saw the tell-tale sign of bravery on Gulf's whole being as the younger man stood there and looked him straight in the eyes. He crossed his arms over his chest and stood his ground.

Gulf's gaze went past his face to settle on the wings on his back for a long moment, then shook his head.

"I want to ask you something," Gulf said, and Mew figured the novelty of seeing him sporting his wings for Gulf to see had worn off. Sure, the surprise was still there, but Gulf was obviously better at covering it up this time around. Gulf took the three steps forward to him, closing the distance between them and making his breath hitched at the sudden proximity.

He nodded in agreement but kept his eyes trained on Gulf's face when he replied. "I'll try my best to give you a satisfactory answer," he said. He hoped Gulf didn't notice him shivering at the closeness, at the way Gulf had chosen to shorten the gap between them even more by taking that last step forward and right into his personal space.

Gulf's hands ended up on his shoulders, clutching for dear life. His own absently made their way around Gulf's hips and settled there.

"Is it true that you are forbidden to have sex?" Gulf's question was valid but not as surprising. Laughter bubbled out of him in a rush and he found himself pulling Gulf to him before he could stop it.

Gulf ignored him. "I heard that you could lose your wings and become a vampire if you've had some. Is it true?"

"You've been talking to Tul," he said, at least when he could string words properly again without snorting. Gulf was frowning hard, obviously not appreciating being made fun of when he was being serious.

Gulf blinked at him. "He's not the only angel here, Sentinel," Gulf said, as if he was trying to point out the obvious. Mew tilted his head in affirmation. "And that's beside the point. Now, answer the damn question."

He chuckled and dragged his hands down from the small of Gulf's back to grab a handful of his ass, before pulling him roughly to him. Gulf squeaked in surprise, then squirmed when he realized that the movement drew them closer together, their erections effectively rubbing against each other in the process.

"I could lose my mind for wanting you," he whispered, this time aiming his answer mostly against Gulf's lips.

Gulf struggled to pull away but he didn't let him. "I'm serious, angel. You can't expect me to give in when I know I might be the reason you'll lose everything. Be honest with me, please."

Mew shook his head and captured Gulf's lips for a quick kiss. He wished he could tell Gulf everything he needed to hear, but it wasn't that easy. The other sentinels knew of his struggles, but they never questioned him of his weaknesses, especially when it pertained to Gulf, or at least to the soul he was housing in his own body. His existence hadn't been the same everytime he'd lost 'her', but he welcomed the pain of losing her time and time again knowing he deserved it.