Chapter Two: An Officer for An Officer

"So, basically you walked into all of this blind?" My head bobbles, as we reach a road. 

"Yup, I can only assume is that everything is gone. Mentally I haven't accepted it, but hopefully after I survive this, I can come to a conclusion." Growls faintly increase, as we get closer to the main road. 

"How can you accept that?" He asks, genuinely concerned. 

"I'm a scientist, these things are a possibility but never a guarantee." Before continuing on, he stops me.

"You will survive this." Unknowing how to respond, he gently touches my hurt arm. "We will survive this."

"Don't get mushy on me now." He smiles, as we both follow along. My eyes shine bright seeing the police station. "Come on." We both equally rush over, sneaking by the rotten corpses eating another corpse.

At the same time we push the white metal gates open, I wince and hug my arm tightly again as he closes the gate. I continue on, and gently push open the wooden doors, hearing the banging and growling of those things against the gate. Silence, pure silence.

"Hello! Is anybody there!?" He shouts, I rush over towards the laptop, seeing the screen on. 

My hand quickly move, seeing the security camera's still active. I click through, and finally find some movement. The camera flickers as I spot a man running from those monsters, the gun shots capturing the blonds attention. The cop runs, showing a card towards the camera.

"David! Marvin! You there!? I found a way out! It's in here!" The cop fires a shot, as the thing lunges forward. He pushes it back, quickly looking back at the camera. "Send reinforcements! East Hallway!"

"Jesus..." I state, as he runs away from the view of the camera. My hand scrolls, pulling up the map of the station. "Damn it, camera's are down."

"We've gotten find that guy." My glance agrees, as I slowly walk towards the gate, a huge sign posted over it, as the metal lingers a quarter off the ground.

KEEP OUT

Beside the gate, a red light appears, hovering over a black and white hazard lever. My left hand grips the pocket knife, I reach over to lift the gate. Until something cool lands on my bite mark, I watch the blond spray first-aid spray, quickly grabbing my wrist to secure my placement. The dry blood slowly clearing up, the mark becomes more visible to the eye. He can't know--not yet.

"So." His eyes perk up. "I never got your name." This question will distract him, long enough so I can pull away after he's done.

"Leon Kennedy." My lips curl into a smirk, as he tries to look down again. I take away my arm, making his gaze meet mine again.

"Well, Officer Kennedy....I'm Y/N L/N" He smiled, like friendly conversations were normal again. Breaking the silence, I pull the lever down, cutting the tension before the task.

The gate lifts an inch more, making the distance possible to squeeze both of us through. Leon quickly bends down, taking out his flashlight. He lays his body down, scoping out the room before we move in to drastically. He moves in, offering his hand from the other side. My body follows his movements, as my arm doesn't hurt anymore. Ignoring his hand, I feel confident and strong again to keep myself from being someone useless or helpless in a situation like this.

Leon leads the way, I closely follow behind, seeing him turn into a bathroom. The hallway has one faint light, a white lock leans against a metal shelf. My arms steady, as I push the shelf back, making me hold my position. The locker rocks a bit back and forth, as it hits the wall, making a noise louder than I intended to make. I turn around, seeing Leon rush over to me.

"Nice." He states, the awkward comment, making me cringe. 

"I try." My voice lowers, as I follow the rookie cop. We turn the hallway, seeing another gate, it's the same like the one we went through. An office is open, as screams start to pierce our ears. I run over and open the wooden door. 

Leon rushes over, pulling the gate up with all his strength. My hands continue to pull up the gate, as he grabs the mans forearms, sliding his torso out as much as he could.

"Help me!" The officer shouts, as his body turns over.

"I got you!" Leon reassures. I grit my teeth, getting the gate up further as the officer yells in agony. Blood spatters everywhere, the smell of iron filling my nose. His body drags, making a river of blood follow. His organs were everywhere, as I drop the gate, I watch Leon's face grow grim.

Banging and clanging go against the metal, I cover my nose, trying to avoid the smell. Leon swipes the card from the ground, I stand up feeling a loss of security. My eyes focus, seeing a shadow pass by the office window. The noise attracted them, a whole army should be here now.

"Leon, they followed the sound, we have to go." He takes the lead, stopping at the wooden door pushing in forcefully. The banging becoming louder, the door slams open, Leon quickly shoots the rotten corpse in its head.

Leon demur has changed, he seemed into his head. I could tell that his thoughts were placed, overthinking about the unfortune death we saw. It finally clicked, this whole situation dug into him, the imagery of that officers corpse, helping him realize that. His first day as a cop, and a nightmare like this....how would you prepare?

We follow the hallway again, seeing shadows of those things start to pick up. Leon wastes no time, he charges in only for one to lunge at him. Without thinking, my pocket knife stabs through the woman's skull. He tosses the body back like a rag-doll, my eyes capture the blood on my knife. The growls in front of me, make my brain work again, as Leon takes the lead. Turning the corner, there's another gate, the same way the metal hovers a quarter over the ground. 

I feel my forearm being taken, as Leon gently aims my body towards it. Quickly, I kneel then lay my body down, sliding myself through the pool of blood. 

"Let me help you!" An unknown voice shouts. He lifts the gate, making it easier to escape certain death. Gunshots fire as Leon notices the gate is higher, he throws himself down, pushing his body through. His grunts, using his strength to crawl faster. Another one of those things, latch onto his lower calf.

"Goddamnit!" He shouts. Instantly my body kneels, as I take both of his arms. The man beside us, lifts the gate a bit more, making my strength be successful.

Leon slides onto my body, knocking me down with him. Feeling his breath on my chest, I watch the man smash the rotten mans head. Blood splattering onto Leon's pants.

"Got it." He states, leaning back onto the gate.