Chapter Thirteen: Heart to Heart

"Y/N?!" Leon shouts, it jolts my body awake as I sit up.

"Over here!" I respond, hearing Ada walk along beside him.

"She's over here." Ada points as Leon rushes over, leaning down.

"Pull this damn thing out, please." I groan, struggling to move.

"I don't know if I should uh--" My hand grabs his thigh, from the pain.

"Just do it." I snap, removing my hand to grip my leg.

Leon gently grabs the shard of glass, his hand placed on my shin. The glass is pulled out roughly, as blood spills off the blade. Leon shuffles, taking out a bottle, he dabs the liquid on a napkin. 

"Hold on..." I extend my hand, as he places it on my thigh, pressing down on it firmly. "Just relax, ok?" He grabs a cloth, tying it around the wounded area. "So, what do we do now?"

"Someone is targeting me." My mouth opens for itself, unable to hide the secret.

"What?" Leon asks upset.

"Your walkie...someone knew me, they want me--I don't know why." He offers a hand, I grab it, balancing my footing. 

"Here, put your arm on my shoulder." Quickly I take back my hand.

"Don't push it, rookie." He smirks, holding his hands up.

"Ok...don't gotta tell me twice. What was in interested in?" We turn the corner, I start limping, avoiding any more damage to the injury.

"The virus inside of me, funny enough Annette wants to kill me for the same thing." We enter a room with a circuit board along the wall.

"Opposite reasons, weird." Leon stops walking ahead, waiting for me to catch up. He slows his speed to stay beside me. 

If the lab Annette was working for isn't in the sewer system, nor above ground. I'm guessing it must be below this, hidden in plain sight to distract the community. Makes me question if anyone had suspicion about the sinkhole in the first place. It's huge, with construction around to get inside the sewers.

The pain is easier to ignore since my leg is settling into the new way of walking. Passing over another bridge, I notice a symbol appearing in every corner. An octagon shaped was stamped on, using the colors red and white, a pattern. A train cart stands still, a bench across, it was like a bus stop. When Ada said Corporation, I never thought it would be an actual one. She lifts her arm, scanning the ID against the red screen.

It beeps softly, as the red turns green in a blink. The heavy door sliding over to the right, Ada walks over to the controls. Turning right, I spot a bench, taking a seat, for my leg to have a chance to breathe. Ada presses a red button, the door that opened slowly closes, as a robotic voice starts speaking overhead.

'This is bound for NEST'

Leon takes a step back, as Ada stands in front, her new role being a conductor. The train cart descends downwards, like a machine escalator. 

"This is a one-way trip, so be prepared you two." Ada snickers, Leon walks back turning around towards me.

"I can't wait for the FBI to raid Umbrella headquarters and take those bastards to justice." I scoff, unable to keep a positive mind set in stone. "What?"

"That G-Virus, is never going to be safe." My head lowers, shaking in defeat. "Leon..." My voice lowers. "Do you trust me?"

"Why are you asking that?" He states angrily. "Do you trust me?"

"Would I be here with you if I didn't? Leon I'm basically a liability, you're my last hope that you'll do the right thing." He quickly takes a seat beside me, that same concerned look returning.