Chapter Eight: Dead End

[Y/N Point of View]

That red crank Leon has can open door's or gates, I remember seeing a hole so I assume this is the key needed. As we come from the opening, Marvin's body is at the same position where I left him. The mutations all over his body, the dragged limp arms and legs hanging on the bench, trying to sturdy against gravity. Leon stares at him, seeing the color of his eye change a the sight of him, becoming darker.

The side of my eye catches movement, my head follows as the tall man peaks. A sight of a yellowish blond giving me the only description. It wasn't my eyes or an hallucination, someone is spying or lurking. Moving closer, I spot it's shadow staying still, the door frame blocking my vision, as I step one more.

"Y/N?" I stop, the shadow runs away.

"Yeah?" My body spins around, Leon's head tilt, looking over the door frame.

"Something wrong?" He asks suspiciously.

"I thought I saw something."  My head peaks over, spotting nothing. "My eyes are playing tricks on me, sorry."

"You're good, just checking on you." He nods, turning around, waiting at the door for me. My brows furrow, taking one last look into the empty room, shaking off the feeling of being watched. 

"Locker room it is." He smiles, opening the door to let us both in. 

We enter the locker room, Leon places the button and starts pushing buttons. I take a look around, seeing the items through the window. At the end of the room there's a room locked, a shotgun hanging on the shelf. An unlocking sound happens through out the room, making the number on the locker go green as it's released. This locker room is primarily used for armory, but is there any normal locker rooms? My shirt is covered in blood and sweat, maybe I could find something cleaner to wear. The noise pops behind me, I slowly open the locker, seeing a grenade.

My hand grabs it, reading the label, Leon walks up to me. He hands me back my knife, placing his new one behind his back. Playfully I toss him the grenade, he catches it nervously.

"Be careful with that." He chirps.

"I didn't pull the pin on you." I smile, closing the locker. Looking around for anything to wear, until I spot the shotgun behind me. "Do you think we can open this room up?"

"No number, on it." Across the locker, I see another with a missing number. A lock-pick sits in there. "Same thing with this one."

"Where do you input the numbers?" He points with his arm to the little pad hanging. I walk over, his leaning over my shoulder. "So, I see 100 to maybe 300. Were there any double digit's like 112?"

"No just 1-9." A hum escapes my lips, as I look over towards the room and locker.

"Does it start at 100 or 101?" 

"101."

 I put in a few numbers, hearing the unlock come from the locker. Adding another into the pin pad, the room unlocks.

"How'd you know?" Leon asks.

"301 for the locker, and 401 for the room. I guessed either one would open, not a master mind--I just overthink." I shrug, taking out the lock-pick as Leon runs straight for the shotgun. 

"Let's go find a way into the main road." Leon states, leading the way.

We exit the locker room, and turn into the familiar hallway, where the East Office was. At the staircase where we separated, we turn, ignoring that now dead-end pathway since the explosion. The sound of our footsteps fil the silence, as our small-talk is overshadowed by the serious tone of an actual way to escape this hell. My body freezes as something passes by behind us, no growl or groan. The man is lurking again, this time it feels targeted...too obvious if they're trying to be slick.