Chapter Six: Authority

"Fuck!" I mumble in anger, my hand goes to the front of my head as headache springs through. Slowly I allow myself to stretch while getting up, preparing myself down each step. 

My hand weakly pushes open the door, as I stumble through. The hall is quiet, the windows tapping lightly as rain lands on the glass. Seems like the growls are coming from outside, it sounded closer. 

A scream appears, like a lions roar. My feet stops as my chest heaves, my eyes close as the loud steps approach closer. I swallow my saliva, allowing it to be the fear I'm suppressing. Gently I open my eyes, seeing the creature pass over my head like an insect. Movement, it can follow sound if I walk. No eyes--oh my god, it's brain is exposed. I need to leave a different way, there's a can against the wall. 

Quietly I move my right foot back, the creature follows along the hallway, getting distance from me. My left foot follows successfully, corpses around the hall lay, not moving an inch, they must be dead--the alarm didn't wake them. I kneel reaching down, extending my body the best I can. As the cold metal meets my finger tips, I get a firm grip, the body beside me grabs my arm. It growls and snarls, making me yelp, I turn seeing the creature flip down onto the floor I'm on. 

"No! No!" I shout, as a bullet escapes, hitting it's brain. It leaps, as I kill the monsters grip. Ripping away the grasp, I fall backwards, seeing it go for the dead police officer. My breathing hitches, as I see the hallway clear and open for me to run across. Please Leon, don't run into one of these things.

[Leon's Point of View]

I pant, running around the boiler room---or what ever this is under the station. My eyes look up, seeing where I fell from. What the hell was that thing!? It was half-human, and half-whatever this plague is. I couldn't tell if the human side was still there, it just instantly attacked me, with no remorse. Y/N....where are you? I heard no yell or scream, just the explosion....hopefully you stayed away from that section of the building. 

To move across I need to get to that switchboard. My eyes travel seeing the room above, not as far from when I fell, made it able to access without breaking a bone. A green ladder stares at me, as I slowly walk over. Maybe I overthought this....but possibly the world is throwing me a bone from surviving the hell I was through. I climb up, seeing a very obvious lever standing out than the other buttons. 

My grip stays firm as I pull up, watching the platform slowly slide into the broken bridge, making it whole again. It stops, as the lever stays in it's position, for my luck I don't hesitate to run across it. The hall provides a locker room, and a tube like structure surrounding the ladder. Quickly I scope the lockers, finding ammo but nothing else useful. I approach he ladder seeing it to lead to a pot hole entrance---or exit.  My arms push up the heavy metal, I groan allowing me peek out. It was a parking garage, this could be a way out. 

I toss the metal, taking another breath from the weight. My legs hop up, seeing a gate closed ahead of me. Sprinting towards it, I see a scanner---damn it.

"Need a key card..." I state, as the cop car on the other side has it's headlights on. A low growl breaks the silence, a dog slowly walks over. The white eyes looking back at mine, the exhales leaving a white fog. "You gotta be kidding me."

The dog starts running, at the same time I pull out my gun, but the dog tackles me instantly. I groan being slammed onto the ground by the unbelievable force. The gun slides away from my grasp, I choke the neck as it chomps closer and closer towards my face.

"Get off of me!" I shout.

A gunshot erupts, hitting the dog right on the head, exposing a piece of the brain. The body flops over, but I quickly spot Y/N stumbling, holding her side as blood lightly holds back. Her eyes tired and weak, as she keeps her aim up, from where the dog was.

"Y/N..." My voice gently increases. 

"Hey!" Another voice shouts, a woman.

"Who is that?" I ask, quickly looking at Y/N as she avoids eye contact, only staring at the dog. I turn my head seeing a figure of a woman.

"Stay sharp." She asserts. A bullet quickly beating her as Y/N pops another one into the dogs head. "Lower it." She states, I sit up, seeing Y/N aiming her pistol at her with no fear in her eyes. "FBI." She flips out her ID to her, the dog perks as Y/N switches her aim towards the dog, showing revenge in the action.

"Leon." Y/N lowly whispers, she stumbles forward as I continue to get up, her offering a hand, I accept it.

"You're okay?" I ask gently.

"I'm okay." She whispers.

"Surprised you two made it this far." She starts walking away, Y/N turns around.

"FBI huh? What's going on here?" I ask, chasing her down.

"Sorry. That information's classified." She says, continuing to walk away.

"If this was classified, then wouldn't we be shot on the spot?" Y/N asks, stepping closer to her. "No information leak, no witnesses, wouldn't that be correct?" I watch as she applies more pressure towards her wound.

"Do yourself a favor: stop asking questions and get the hell out of here." She snaps, before taking off again. Y/N takes no time and continues on, as she groans in pain.

"Take a second." I insists, she shakes her head before I place my hand on her wound. She winces, as she looks up at me. "What the hell happened to you?" She slowly takes a seat on a car, refusing to answer. "Or is that classified too?" I joke as she smiles, lightly nodding her head.

"No, no it isn't officer." She humors, I lower my head, hiding my reaction from being called my occupation title. "Before--ouch..." Slowly removing her grasp, I take out first aid spray. "Before I tell you what happened, you have to know...." I look up at her. 

"Marvin's dead."