Chapter Twenty-One: War is Over

After waiting, it felt like an eternity, my eyes stayed shut the whole time. I couldn't bare to open them and not see him standing there. But my eyes did open. A rumble came through, the entire place was shaking non-stop. Thinking started falling down, crashing into things, fire developing around the train itself. 

Time was out.

Leon's time was out. A large squeak draws out, revealing the train to start moving ahead. Landing onto my feet, the wind picks up, my eyes staying on the platform. Mph increasing, god why is this train going so fast!? Explosions to my left and right shock me, my body holding onto the pole beside me.

"Gotta get out of here!" A man shouts. Turning my head, I see the shine of his blond hair reflect the fire surrounding him.

"Leon!" Shouting, I push open the door, running through the cart he was tailgating on. Rocks hit against the train cart. Kicking the door, Leon grabs onto the handle, tripping over a rock under him. "Grab on!" Holding onto the same handle, I extend my other arm, feeling his strong grip he uses me to lunge forward.

His strength overpowers me, tackling me down with him. Explosions surround us, echoing into the tunnel we finally enter. Our breaths being the only noise, my chest feels his rapid heartbeat, the warmth and sweat along his neck tickling mine. A minute goes by, no talk exchanged, just us both enjoying each others presence.

"I know a good bar." He says, his weight shifting off of me. Sitting upwards, are faces are inches apart.

"Shut up." I state, a smile creeping into my face. My hand flies onto the collar of his uniform, pulling him into a quick kiss. He hums with satisfaction, his hand roaming its way to my waist. Separating the kiss, he smiles back at me, getting up from the floor. Lending a hand, he guides me up onto my feet.

"Your shoulder!" He says worried, more blood leaking out from pulling him up.

"I'm fine, trust me, I'm wide awake after that." Standing on my tippy toes for a second, I peek into the door window. "Got a surprise for you." Grabbing his hand, I open the door, revealing a Claire and Sherry standing beside each other.

"Leon!?" Claire smiles brightly, shouting his name.

"We made it..." Happy with the outcome, our glances towards each other gives us faith.

"Just like I said we would." She nods, inching closer towards him, her eyes scrolling down to our hands. Accepting the sight, she gives us space, leading back to Sherry.

"Who's this?" Leon asks, stepping forward, I guide Sherry towards him, releasing our hands.

"Remember those kids I said I taught, the middle schoolers?" He slowly nods, confused. "This is Sherry, one of my students." 

"Small world." He says, trailing his eyes up to mine again. 

"Sit down on that bench Sherry, rest your head if you need to." Claire says, taking Sherry away from my grasp. The softness in her voice being ironically the most soothing part about this whole night. 

I approach the blond, standing across from him, using the privacy for a few seconds. Opening my mouth, the conversation begins.

"Leon...." Before finishing, a shiver down my spine abruptly hits me. Furrowing my brows, I look around. Why am I getting this feeling.....? A gut feeling? Turning my head, Sherry calmly examines inside the train. Claire checking the control panel, our transportation all fine and well. 

"Is something wrong?" Leon asks hurriedly. 

"I don't know..." The whole train shakes back n' forth, throwing Leon and I on opposites sides of the cart. "What is that?" I yell, Claire quickly running over to Sherry. The lights flicker above, continuing to stay on.